Good news/Bad news : Dark Tranquillity

So many people are so affraid of change, you all " Past dt was asome new dt sucks" idiots will never get it, DT has always been about taking chances with music and ideas, your lost but i predict you will be all extremely disappointed with the soft new opeth album.

...And i think it's ironic that you feel you have to keep making excuses for Dark Tranquillity, and feel you have to attack anyone who doesn't buy your excuses.

The "Idiots" comment is only pushing the nails further into your coffin Mexicanthrope... Was it not yourself that said something along the lines of "People who feel the need to Flame are Insecure about themselves"?

Do you see any people here who like Dark Tranquillity's new works more than their old releases? I surely don't, so what does that say? What insult would you use against them for not loving your beloved Dark Tranquillity? On the opposite side of the spectrum, would you then hate them for not being so blind like yourself?

Do i even need to mention your views on Metallica? Is this not hypocritical of you? Or is it a different story for Dark Tranquillity, for they have not acheived (and never will acheive) the same commercial success of Metallica?

The opeth comment is simply reassureing me of your ignorance. I will save you the embarrassment in front of your peers, and not mention such a stupid and obviously juvenile remark

Thanks for the laugh

-Trapped

Originally posted by Misanthrope
Hehehehe

So many people are so affraid of change, you all " Past dt was asome new dt sucks" idiots will never get it, DT has always been about taking chances with music and ideas, your lost but i predict you will be all extremely disappointed with the soft new opeth album.

It has nothing to do with not liking change. Haven was just a weak and mostly boring album compared to The Mind's I and mostly Projector (my personal favourite).

There is no problem with them making softer or different music, but it has to be INTERESTING. Which Haven in my opinion was not. It's by no means bad, but they can do a lot better than that. Or maybe they can't, but I hope they can.

Your comparison to the soft Opeth album is pretty dumb.

Originally posted by Trapped
The "Idiots" comment is only pushing the nails further into your coffin Mexicanthrope... Was it not yourself that said something along the lines of "People who feel the need to Flame are Insecure about themselves"?
Do YOU suck? :lol:

I'm really looking forward to it, i'm buying it the moment it's out :headbang:

@Trapped: What the hell do DT have to do with Metallica?

Change my freind... change.

Just because -someone- doesn't like that change, doesn't mean that it is a bad thing... Right? It's all about progression, and challenging yourself with new music right? Then why is metallica shot down, when DT has changed to somewhat a similar extent, and closed minded DT fans (not all... just some) then feel the need to shout around that "People who dont like new DT are closed minded idiots, and they cant accept change"... without realizing that they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Just a little something i picked up a while ago. :)

-Trapped (wondering where the hell all the avatars went??)

Do you see any people here who like Dark Tranquillity's new works more than their old releases? I surely don't, so what does that say? What insult would you use against them for not loving your beloved Dark Tranquillity? On the opposite side of the spectrum, would you then hate them for not being so blind like yourself?

Do i even need to mention your views on Metallica? Is this not hypocritical of you? Or is it a different story for Dark Tranquillity, for they have not acheived (and never will acheive) the same commercial success of Metallica?

The opeth comment is simply reassureing me of your ignorance. I will save you the embarrassment in front of your peers, and not mention such a stupid and obviously juvenile remark

Thanks for the laugh

-Trapped

Cutting some of your crap ( as usual ) ill get to the points

- No i dont see anyone here who likes they most recent work, the fact alone its proof that the whole stupid metal scene is gone to hell and it wont accept change, because stupid little forums like this represent the elitism of big mouth assholes like you, while outside in the real life ill say more than half of the DT fans like the newer stuff better, thats a goddamn fact imho but if you cannot see beyond your fucking nose it is not my problem, you are welcome among your kind here and the persons with a perception of reality like myself minimize or stop all togheter all their posting like i am doing atm.

- This is just a personal war of yours because you are just jealous of me ( for reasons i wont discuss ), and i choose not to be dragged into a pointless and mindless pile of shit about metallica being a sold out band and Dark Tranquility being art. I dont think that DT makes a fucking dime, and in fact they risk all their status with each relase putting the band in danger, thats called artistic integrity and Freedom of expression. Metallica is called a bunch of old people who are too lazy to get real jobs and they choose to waste the little talent they have on doing the bussiness that is metallica. The only thing they have in common is that they changed, and so far every goddamn band out there changes. Just another reminder ( cause your skull is too fucking thick to understand the first time ) it is not a discussion, not an argument not a flamewar, i wont reply to inferior beings like yourself so everyone can start saying knock out and misanthrope loose the fight and all that crap cause this suddently made me ever more unlikely to ever post on this forum, if you are not banned and generally hated as much as jannet then this forum is beneath me and you are all a bunch of inferior little monkeys who do not deserve even my shit.

-The opeth comment is true, Mikael is a wuss that has never leaved the basic style in a significant way, you dont see a complete 180 on opeth's history, just recently he will and i suspect none of you will be here you will all be on some other forum posting about how Mikale betrayed you making space rock and shit like that.

Misanthrope ( or your godlike fucking nostradamus for you insects )

Originally posted by CAIRATH

It has nothing to do with not liking change. Haven was just a weak and mostly boring album compared to The Mind's I and mostly Projector (my personal favourite).

There is no problem with them making softer or different music, but it has to be INTERESTING. Which Haven in my opinion was not. It's by no means bad, but they can do a lot better than that. Or maybe they can't, but I hope they can.

Your comparison to the soft Opeth album is pretty dumb.

Shut the fuck up until the album is actually released, you are talking about something that yet doesnt exist.

Time will only prove me right you idiots but until then you cannot state nothing about my comment cause the album is not even out or even complete yet, i made a prediction and until it happens it is only a prediction not a commet therefore it cannot be stupid.

It's about fucking time you replied.

This is just a personal war of yours because you are just jealous of me

:lol: I seriously have tears in my eyes over that... it made me laugh so hard. I am jealous of you...?? :lol: That's great.

No i dont see anyone here who likes they most recent work, the fact alone its proof that the whole stupid metal scene is gone to hell and it wont accept change, because stupid little forums like this represent the elitism of big mouth assholes like you, while outside in the real life ill say more than half of the DT fans like the newer stuff better, thats a goddamn fact imho but if you cannot see beyond your fucking nose it is not my problem, you are welcome among your kind here and the persons with a perception of reality like myself minimize or stop all togheter all their posting like i am doing atm.

Your arrogance does nothing to reinforce your character or credibility Misanthrope.

You need to aim this at someone other that me, because i don't even like their old works. I am not one of those people that will flame a band for changing... to tell you the truth, i own new metallica, new megadeth, and new slayer... all sub par albums, but they are just trying something different. *shrug*

metallica being a sold out band and Dark Tranquility being art

Metallica has neither sold out, and Dark Tranquillity is far from Art... you are mistaken, and blinded by your lack of perception, and your blind following of DT.

...And you don't need to justify your opeth comment to me, for i don't like all of opeths releases... and to tell you the truth, i mainly got into the band because of the acoustics... so your comment is negated, obsolete, and infantile.

I dont think that DT makes a fucking dime, and in fact they risk all their status with each relase putting the band in danger, thats called artistic integrity and Freedom of expression

I never made reference to the amount of money DT makes, nor did i say that they sold out (how could they, they always sucked, in my books anyway). Tell me Misanthrope, if metallica gained commercial success, and multi-million dollar status with ...And Justice For All... you would still have the same views, right? That is truly sad. I don't care how much money a band makes,, and the fact that you DO care about money, means that you are a closed minded elitist, as i have said all along. I like a band for their music, not their bank accounts, unlike you apparently.

i wont reply to inferior beings like yourself

Like i said, arrogance does not become anyone, especially not an insecure fool like yourself. You are just digging your grave deeper with your obnoxious flames!

if you are not banned and generally hated as much as jannet then this forum is beneath me and you are all a bunch of inferior little monkeys who do not deserve even my shit.

That's right Misanthrope, anyone who has a different opinion to your arrogant ramblings should be BANNED and SILENCED. Thats how it works isn't it?? I'm sorry mate, but you are below me. I refuse to subscribe to your elitist mentality, and i refuse to like DT< simply for the fact that they are nothing special, and they are not a personal preference of mine. Simply because i do not like DT, you are saying that i am 'inferior' to you... and yet again, this proves your arrogance, and also gives good reason for the lack of respect that you get around here.

-Trapped (still laughing about the 'jealous' comment :lol: )

I was going to write an actual reply but then I realized I'd be wasting my time. So I'll just call you an idiot instead. I'm done with this thread.

Do you see any people here who like Dark Tranquillity's new works more than their old releases? I surely don't, so what does that say?

Actually, I know quite a lot of them here. Take Hearse for example - he likes Haven a lot. There's a whole bunch of them more on the DT-forum. I personally like the older stuff a bit more, but well, that's just a matter of opinion. The fact is: FOR EVERY DT ALBUM, THERE IS SOMEONE WHO HELDS IT AS THE BEST ALBUM EVER. That's quite an achievement in itself, regarding the fact that they have changed a lot on each album.

And the fact that you don't like DT, does not diminish the artistry of their work. Remember, you are just a jester - jesters have nothing serious to say in artistical discussions.

But I agree with you on the point that Misanthrope should leave you alone. If you can't get into DT, the loss is only yours.

-Villain

...And i think it's ironic that you feel you have to keep making excuses for Dark Tranquillity, and feel you have to attack anyone who doesn't buy your excuses.

Thanks for the laugh

-Trapped

I have to go with Misanthrope on this one, not because I'm a huge DT fan, but because you're attacking them for the simple reason that you don't like them.

And the main reason for that is because you, and many other people on this board don't understand them.
DT have never been about improving their sound to the point of perfection. Each new album of theirs has been wildly different from their last, and all of them could be placed in very different extremes of the musical spectrum, from metal, to folk, to doom, to techno. Their motive has never been "when you find a good formula, stay with it".

Unlike Opeth, DT have contributed an enourmous amount of creative energy with each album they release, and hopefully they will continue to do so. They're successfully reinvented themselves each time while still maintaining their own distinct sound. And thats what sets them apart from so many generic clone-bands that exist today.

But what about Opeth? Opeth have so much potential , so much genius in their music, yet what have they given us? A series of albums based on the formula they created with Orchid, with each subsequent album showing little musical development. And yet even after four more releases ,they get so much praise for so "skillfully" re-creating the album they made 8 years ago.

So whats next on the agenda for Opeth? Space rock and more 70's influences. Yeah, now thats what i call progression. :rolleyes:

If metal is going to get itself out of the stagnant, non-productive stage it is going through now, we need more bands like DT, who have the initiative and courage to risk their album sales and credibility for ART.

hrm......not really paying attention to the conversation, but generally a 'metal' band like metallica deciding to possibly do a duet with ja rule would definitely be considered selling out....therefore they have.....not to mention that reload and load were exactly that......big load o' mudya...... but....thats just my opinion

by the way i used to think metallica was the best ever....so much for that idea....

Originally posted by Villain

Actually, I know quite a lot of them here. Take Hearse for example - he likes Haven a lot. There's a whole bunch of them more on the DT-forum. I personally like the older stuff a bit more, but well, that's just a matter of opinion. The fact is: FOR EVERY DT ALBUM, THERE IS SOMEONE WHO HELDS IT AS THE BEST ALBUM EVER. That's quite an achievement in itself, regarding the fact that they have changed a lot on each album.

And the fact that you don't like DT, does not diminish the artistry of their work. Remember, you are just a jester - jesters have nothing serious to say in artistical discussions.

But I agree with you on the point that Misanthrope should leave you alone. If you can't get into DT, the loss is only yours.

-Villain

Thou art the wise one, for i am the violent one.