Good starting point Mesa Dual Recto Setting?

dandan

Dec 29, 2005
im going to be using a Roadking next week to record some guitar tracks. Can someone give me some good start settings?

(the dual and roadking are very simliar i heard)

Then ill just use my ears to tweak after. I have the option of using mesa v30 traditional cab or marshall with greenbacks, so ill try both out.

Something Hardrock/Metal - I really like the tones Nevermore, Killswitch, Thrice, Foo Fighters get.

Id appreciate the help : ) I tried looking for settings on here with the search function but i couldnt find anything

I found some nevermore settings for a dual recto with a tubescreamer :)

Mesa Boogie Rectifier:
Silicon Diode Setting
Bold Setting???
Red (Modern) Channel
Treble: 11.30
Mids: 10 O'Clock
Bass: 11.30
Gain: 12:30
Presence: 12.30
Master: 10 O'Clock

TS-9
Drive: 9 O'Clock
Tone: 10 O'Clock
Level: 12 O'Clock

thanks guys! I did get to find one setting on here aside and it seems like they have their sweet spot around where you are saying Brett.

thanks for the settings death work.

I have the RK... my settings:

Gain: 12:30
Treble: 1:30
Mids: 10:00
Bass: 10:00
Presence: 12:00
Master: 12:00

Red Chanel, Modern Voicing, Silicon Diode Rectifier, Bold Setting, EL34 tubes.

For the sound you describe, though, you should use both pairs of 6L6s.

One of the real nice features of the RK is the ablity to change power tubes, so play with different combinations to find what you like. I've had really good luck with one pair of 6L6s and one pair of El34s at the same time.

awesome thanks Matt

im taking down all these settings yall helped me with and ill tweak it from there in the studio

much appreciation thanks

No problem. One thing to mention... I'm using EMGs and a 4x12 with C90s for these settings.

One thing to keep in mind.... keep the gain down. Set it to where you think it sounds great, and then back it off a c-hair. It won't sound good when you do the first take... but once you get the second and third layers on, you'll be happy you turned the gain down.

wow you guys are using some pretty radical gain settings. I'm running my mesa rectifier preamp at maybe 9 o'clock gain and still getting fizz. might be that I'm running the master or output knobs too hot though..heheh..I'm also pushing my poweramp's volume pretty hard though.

id say like all amps, start with everything at 2 o clock and work from there...

everythjing sounds good at 2 o clock... trust me... try it