Goosebumps

Alex78

Fretbuzz Virtuoso
Jul 12, 2002
Germany
Visit site
do you get them when listening to some particular songs? some people don't seem to ever have experienced this. I'm happy about being able to react to music in such a strong way.

the following songs do it for me:

Devin Townsend - Deep Peace, Bastard, Deadhead, Away, A Simple Lullaby
Fates Warning - Heal Me
Psychotic Waltz - Halo Of Thorns, Hanging On A String, Into The Everflow,...
Primordial - Cast To The Pyre
Anathema - Deep

i have that with a few songs. but just now i have a hard time remember which. it's mostly with stuff i listened to long ago (like in 1998) and have many old memories connected to the songs.

travel in stygian is such a song. but it's always just certain moments of the song; not the whole thing. with travel in stygian it's the way he sings the last word of the refrain till the fast-as-hell part begins.

Shining - Ytterligare ett steg närmare total jävla utfrysning, that guitar solo at 3:22
Kotiteollisyys - Hyvää Tulevaisuutta
Katatonia - Soil's Song
Katatonia - I Transpire
Ahab - Below The Sun
Alice In Chains - Would?
Gojira - Flying Whales
Emperor - In The Wordless Chamber

Just to name a few...

i get goosebumps all the time when listening to music.

some of my favourites:

mar de grises - be welcome oh hideous hell
poison the well - apathy is a cold body
basically any opeth song, especially off MAYH
the majority of the my dying bride catalogue
the angelic process - dying in a-minor
ablaze in hatred - deceptive awareness
negura bunget - om
ne obliviscaris - entire catalogue

stuff like that.

^Hopefully Ne Obliviscaris find a lead guitarist. I give the Aurora Veil ep heaps of spins. In terms of goosebumps, I get it all the time, with a lot of different music, rather than try write a list, because it would take forever, the last time I got goosebumps was during Radiohead- nude when I spun in rainbows earlier today.

There are many songs that have given me goosebumps at some point or the other, but few that do that constantly.

Opeth - A Fair Judgement: Basically everything from Mike's short acoustic solo through the "leave it be" part all the way to the end of Peter's solo. Musical orgasm!
Opeth - Windowpane: The relaxation solo before they go into the opening riff in preparation of the final verse.
Opeth - To Rid the Disease: Totally evil piano kicks in. Enough said.
More Opeth moments.
Metallica - To Live is to Die: The melodic part right before the clean guitars kick in. Mike plays that clean riff during his riff game.
Metallica - The Outlaw Torn: People may say whatever they want about the Loads, but this song has amazing musical moments. Kirk's slide solo after James' volume-knob notes is stunning.
Swallow the Sun - The Empty Skies: 04:10-05:58. One of the most impressive moments of build-up and explosion I've ever heard in a song.
Hollenthon - Lords of Bedlam: I've heard the violins at the start of this song are taken from some movie soundtrack, but it doesn't bother me. Coupled with the guitars, it's amazing.
Draconian - The Gothic Embrace: They start playing "faster", the guitars cry and a choir chants in the background. Simply amazing moment right there.
Therion - Clavicula Nox: Lots of goosebumps over there. Especially around the 01:15 mark.
Blackfield - The Hole in Me: Chorus.

A great many songs give me goosebumps and the shivers, I usually find its due to the way a line is sung, or a guitar or a keyboard played if its especially passionate or eerie or whatnot.. Too many to list though.

Metallica - The Outlaw Torn: People may say whatever they want about the Loads, but this song has amazing musical moments. Kirk's slide solo after James' volume-knob notes is stunning.

Outlaw is one of my favorite Metallica songs, and the S&M version is............. wow.... oh my fucking god......

Sigur Ros-Track 7
Primordial-Empire Falls
Drudkh-When Flames Turn to Ash, Furrow of the Gods
Empyrium-A Pastoral Theme

There are many songs that have given me goosebumps at some point or the other, but few that do that constantly.

Opeth - A Fair Judgement: Basically everything from Mike's short acoustic solo through the "leave it be" part all the way to the end of Peter's solo. Musical orgasm!
Opeth - Windowpane: The relaxation solo before they go into the opening riff in preparation of the final verse.
Opeth - To Rid the Disease: Totally evil piano kicks in. Enough said.
More Opeth moments.
Metallica - To Live is to Die: The melodic part right before the clean guitars kick in. Mike plays that clean riff during his riff game.
Swallow the Sun - The Empty Skies: 04:10-05:58. One of the most impressive moments of build-up and explosion I've ever heard in a song.
Hollenthon - Lords of Bedlam: I've heard the violins at the start of this song are taken from some movie soundtrack, but it doesn't bother me. Coupled with the guitars, it's amazing.
Draconian - The Gothic Embrace: They start playing "faster", the guitars cry and a choir chants in the background. Simply amazing moment right there.
Therion - Clavicula Nox: Lots of goosebumps over there. Especially around the 01:15 mark.
Blackfield - The Hole in Me: Chorus.

Going to check some of these songs...

cheers