Gordian Knot

Tarkus

I love run on sentences
Feb 11, 2002
Murray, Ut
Visit site
What do you guys think them, I'm a big Cynic fan and although this sounds nothing like Cynic, it has that same vibe...next best thing I guess. I really would love to see a reunion by those guys.

A reunion would be awesome, but it'd never happen. Both Seans have stated they aren't interested in doing it 'cause they have progressed as musicians and there is no way to recapture that moment in all their musical progression, blah blah blah. Anyway, GK is excellent. I'm anxiously awaiting Emergent. Does anyone know a release date on it?

I have Gordian Knot, It's a pretty good disc...although it's not Cynic, it still has a spash of the sound in there. Jarzombek does some great guitar stuff in there.
If your a Cyinic fan, Check out Aghora, it's Sean Reinhart's new band (or old..they've been around awhile).
I picked there CD up at the last ProgPower festival and it's sounds damn close to Cyinic...only there are NO death metal vocals, just female vox.
A Really good tech/prog metal album! :hotjump:

I've got Aghora. The music is killer, but the hindu she-vox kind of got on my nerves, I don't know...maybe I need to spin it a couple of more times.

I thought the hindu she-vox were one of the best parts :) Well, not really, but I do like them. Generally they are quite good, but sometimes they do fall a bit flat. Charlie (rhythm guitarist) said on the Aghora board that they were in a hurry to get them done, so that is why they weren't quite as good as they could be. The next CD shouldn't have the same problem; it is called "Formless" and is currently being recorded. Some unknown guy is doing bass, but otherwise the band is the same (Sean Malone was only a studio musician on the first one). The CD should be out late summer or Fall.