Gorguts vs. Meshuggah

Gorguts or Meshuggah?

• Gorguts

Votes: 49 68.1%
  • Meshuggah

Votes: 23 31.9%

• Total voters
I fail to see how the band's name is relevant to the quality of their music. Besides, Gorguts is one of the coolest death metal band names.

Although I, personally, like Gorguts better, I don't really understand what all the hate for Meshuggah is about.

Yeah, they're equally good, I like each for different reasons. Totally different styles, so I don't see how they can be compared anyway.
They're both off-timed, low-tuned death metal. Sure, they have different styles though there are also elements that are similar. Both are also trend-setters, in their own right, that have been around for quite some time.

Though, largely, the idea came from a discussion between a friend and I.

Gorguts. Seriously, has anyone actually who said Meshuggah actually tried listening to Gorguts' whole discography? I never quite liked Meshuggah, I tried to, I really did.. I bought albums from them and listened to almost every song.

Speaking of Gorguts, I can't wait for their new release!

Gorguts. Seriously, has anyone actually who said Meshuggah actually tried listening to Gorguts' whole discography? I never quite liked Meshuggah, I tried to, I really did.. I bought albums from them and listened to almost every song.

Speaking of Gorguts, I can't wait for their new release!

You don't need to listen to a whole discography to know what you prefer, you know. I've listened to obscura and another album and I don't remember any of it, so I obviously didn't think it was anything special. therefore I prefer meshuggah

Considered Dead and The Erosion of Sanity blow anything they've done outta the water... seriously. We dont even need to go to Obscura... which is just... one of a kind.