Sweden vs Finland

What do you think?

• Finland

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Sweden

Votes: 55 69.6%

• Total voters
Im saying recently Finland cause 2 of my favorite Black Metal bands hail from there Enochian Crescent and The True Black Dawn along with great bands like Rotten Sound, Deathbound, Behexen, Satanic Warmaster, Horna, "O",...And Oceans, Deathchain Etc.

Sweden.
What with Opeth coming from Sweden and all.

All that I've heard from Finland has been rather generic, stuff like CoB, Mors Principium Est etc.

I'd say Norway owns both, but not because of Black Metal. They have Communic, Spiral Architect and Pagan's Mind, among others.

Blue Cheer Is heavy, no doubt. But when Black Sabbath came out with their first album, the song and album got the desired effect. The first time I heard the song Black Sabbath, 15 years after it was released, I already knew a little about heavy metal. But you know what? Upon hearing it that first time, it was really freaky, gave me goosebumps. And then at 15, it all made sense why older people ranted and raved about them.

Dont get me wrong im a huge sabbath fan been getting into the martin era lately along with the dio stuff. But from what people tell me Blue Cheer were one of the first bands that used marshall amps and had a harder sound.

I think what separated Sabbath from bands like Blue Cheer,Grand Funk Railroad,Deep Purple,Led Zeppelin and all them is that they were the first to try to make their music to actually sound evil at times.

I think what separated Sabbath from bands like Blue Cheer,Grand Funk Railroad,Deep Purple,Led Zeppelin and all them is that they were the first to try to make their music to actually sound evil at times.

Thank you, that's what I just posted! The first album had all the ingredients, and was something that in 69' was new. It wasn't just the heavy riffs, it was the atmosphere, and the evil feeling lyrics, the negative response it got from people. Blue Cheer, Coven, and Zeppelin get a nod of respect from me, but Sabbath were the first to be slightly different, and have the complete package on their debut album.

Finns beat the Swedes in International hockey today for the bronze....that's not gay.:heh::kickass: