Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Germany

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Rest of the World

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jaded said:
1) hypocrisy is swedish
2) cattle decap blows ass, and exhumed is good, but still a 'tribute' like band to Carcass (UK).
3) Israel has, I think, ONE bm band, that being Melechesh. And now they live in Holland.
4) Sweden and Finland both have a lot of melodeath, but also have a lot of black metal bands and innovative swedish death metal, ala entombed, grave, etc.
5) you never named a canadian band?

I put US and Canada together, and the canadian band i mentioned was Cryptopsy

only swedish BM bands i can recall being into are Naglfar and Dissection. Of course there's a lot of good swedish death metal too but sweden and finland both have so many more melodeath bands. But hey i usually don't bother researching where bands are from so i could like many other scandinavian bands excluding norway since i already mentioned them

Bishop Of Hexen, Winterhorde, Bartholomeus Night, Arafel...buddy, Isreal has 14 black metal bands(not counting meloblack, black/death and black/thrash) the ones i've heard are actually pretty good

http://www.metal-archives.com/advan...ease_name=&release_type=&label=&release_year=

ShadowOfDeath said:
best DM comes from canada and us(cannibal corpse, cattle decapitation, exhumed, hypocrisy, etc)

1.) Although peter was living in florida when he first started Hypocrisy... hes swedish, as is the rest of the band.

ShadowOfDeath said:
UK has maiden, priest, sabbath, and plenty of good bands

2.) You like maiden but... (see #3)

ShadowOfDeath said:
Sweden and finland = too much melodeath aka faggotry

3.) you shit talk melodic death. I hear this shit all the time "its maiden worship, it sucks!" from people who like maiden. I dont get it. Maiden rules, whats wrong with having them as an influance? oh ya... nothing.

5thSeason said:
3.) you shit talk melodic death. I hear this shit all the time "its maiden worship, it sucks!" from people who like maiden. I dont get it. Maiden rules, whats wrong with having them as an influance? oh ya... nothing.

There's nothing wrong with having Maiden influence. Arghoslent is a great Maiden-influenced death metal band. However, Gothenburg-style melodeath is typically not death metal in nature, but more like metal pop music if we listen to composition (i.e. simplistic structures, lack of theme, etc.) rather than aesthetic.

Last I checked on some statistic magazine, poland has more then 250 metal bands signed to record labels. and finland more then 320 this was a 1 year ago statistic.

i forget how many germany has, but was a lot more then finland

5thSeason said:
1.) Although peter was living in florida when he first started Hypocrisy... hes swedish, as is the rest of the band.

2.) You like maiden but... (see #3)

1. Did i ever say i was talking about hypocrisy? Have i ever said i even liked hypocrisy? No. I don't see what that has to do with the argument.

2. I do like maiden

3. I don't care if a band influences a band i hate. What in cold blue hell does hating melodeath have anything to do with liking maiden? Am i not allowed to like maiden because i don't like melodeath? Besides melodeath only recieves hate for it's generic oversaturation, all the bands sound EXACTLY the same.

I don't know what the hell you're babbling about because it makes absolutely no sense at all.

ShadowOfDeath said:
I put US and Canada together, and the canadian band i mentioned was Cryptopsy

only swedish BM bands i can recall being into are Naglfar and Dissection. Of course there's a lot of good swedish death metal too but sweden and finland both have so many more melodeath bands. But hey i usually don't bother researching where bands are from so i could like many other scandinavian bands excluding norway since i already mentioned them

Bishop Of Hexen, Winterhorde, Bartholomeus Night, Arafel...buddy, Isreal has 14 black metal bands(not counting meloblack, black/death and black/thrash) the ones i've heard are actually pretty good

http://www.metal-archives.com/advan...ease_name=&release_type=&label=&release_year=

Britain for Heavy metal
US for Death and Thrash
Germany for Thrash
Norway for Black

as for ISRAEL...
Israel's scene contains mainly Death Metal Bands like Salem, Orphaned Land, Lehavoth, Eternal Grey, Spawn Of Evil, Decayed Soul, Solitary and more. Its black metal scene is much smaller but consists good bands just like you mentioned,when Bartholomeus Night, in my opinion, is the best of them.

here is their new song, its called "Vengeance Of The I":
http://www.metalist.co.il/mp3/Theosophia_Pneumatica_Vengeance_of_the_I_hifi.mp3

The results so far are so shitty. Forget these little Profanity-esque lists of bands per country, and just think about it. Which country is the most METAL? Which country CREATED metal?

Britain!

However many bands you can roster for other countries (an unfair measure anyway because they all differ in size of population), the UK is just the metal homeland, so to the question, "top metal nation", it's so obviously Great Britain.

ShadowOfDeath said:
1. Did i ever say i was talking about hypocrisy? Have i ever said i even liked hypocrisy? No. I don't see what that has to do with the argument.

2. I do like maiden

3. I don't care if a band influences a band i hate. What in cold blue hell does hating melodeath have anything to do with liking maiden? Am i not allowed to like maiden because i don't like melodeath? Besides melodeath only recieves hate for it's generic oversaturation, all the bands sound EXACTLY the same.

I don't know what the hell you're babbling about because it makes absolutely no sense at all.

first of all, you said the best bands were from the US & Canada. You listed Hypocrisy as one of those bands.... THEY ARE FROM SWEDEN.

secondly you come off as an elitist prick who hates melodic death cause its not "true" or whatever. I'll agree with you, there are loads of generic melodic death bands out there (same can be said for any genre of metal), callenish circle, withering surface, and kalmah to name just a few. You however judge the entire genre as shit. There are shitty bands, and amazing bands in all genres of metal, melodic death included.

examples...

Melodic Death: Dark Tranquillity [GOOD] - Construcdead [PURE SHIT]
Death Metal: Atheist [GOOD] - Morbid Angel [BAD]
Power Metal: Blind Guardian [GOOD] - Heavenly [CRAP]
Thrash Metal: Exhorder [GOOD] - Metallica [SUCKS]
Black Metal: Immortal [GOOD] - Dimmu Borgir [SHIT]

my point is every genre has its up's and down's

Im not saying you should like melodic death bands, whatever you like... thats fine. All im saying is dont shit talk the entire genre because there ARE good melodic death bands.

5thSeason said:
first of all, you said the best bands were from the US & Canada. You listed Hypocrisy as one of those bands.... THEY ARE FROM SWEDEN.

secondly you come off as an elitist prick who hates melodic death cause its not "true" or whatever. I'll agree with you, there are loads of generic melodic death bands out there (same can be said for any genre of metal), callenish circle, withering surface, and kalmah to name just a few. You however judge the entire genre as shit. There are shitty bands, and amazing bands in all genres of metal, melodic death included.

examples...

Melodic Death: Dark Tranquillity [GOOD] - Construcdead [PURE SHIT]
Death Metal: Atheist [GOOD] - Morbid Angel [BAD]
Power Metal: Blind Guardian [GOOD] - Heavenly [CRAP]
Thrash Metal: Exhorder [GOOD] - Metallica [SUCKS]
Black Metal: Immortal [GOOD] - Dimmu Borgir [SHIT]

my point is every genre has its up's and down's

Im not saying you should like melodic death bands, whatever you like... thats fine. All im saying is dont shit talk the entire genre because there ARE good melodic death bands.

Hypocrisy: Okay now i see. I don't know how the fuck they got in there because i don't even talk about that band. I'm not a huge fan of their music much either.

I never recall claiming melodeath isn't "tr00" or that i was an elitist prick. I just don't like the genre. Dark Tranquility is okay though, but i abhor the vocals. The playing is good though.

Your examples i wouldn't agree with but the point you were trying to make i do. :)

I don't know if the UK is so metal anymore....They did manage to put out DragonForce, but the place feeds off of US pop culture.

melo-death-stuff.. I like some of it... Immortal Souls and old Soilwork.... a lot of the newer generation I can't really stand though, and don't get me started on the US metalcore garbage that claims to be inspired by it. That's just me...

Somberlain said:
France

Blut Aus Nord
Belketre
Deathspell Omega
Mutiilation
Vlad Tepes
Peste Noire
Massacra
Torgeist
Ad Hominem
Kristallnacht
Spektr
Blessed in Sin
Nehemah
Sombre Chemin
The Eye
Another band from France is Agressor, probably one of the most important bands in European metal.

polarity said:
There's nothing wrong with having Maiden influence. Arghoslent is a great Maiden-influenced death metal band. However, Gothenburg-style melodeath is typically not death metal in nature, but more like metal pop music if we listen to composition (i.e. simplistic structures, lack of theme, etc.) rather than aesthetic.
Agreed, to a degree. Some bands, like Dark Tranquility, employ linear/classical song structures, and others such as Opeth, Vehemence, Gates of Ishtar, Kalmah, etc. have theme-based music. Hence, I love Gothenburg metal. I understand that some bands like Soilwork or In Flames employ the pop structures, but the catchy melodies override this.

i dont really care where bands come from. there is a total mix of great and awful bands all over the place. sections of the world would seem a more appropriate poll as that will determine where bands tour and how often.

so i guess you would break that down into continents
europe
the america's
asia
rest of world

europe wins.