Metal World Cup

You are speaking to a collective that mostly has an aversion to tech death, so what do you expect? I respect musicianship, but there comes a point when time signature shifts, complex arrangements, tricky scales, and sweeps dont necessarily mean better music. As a fan of Obscura's Omnivium I cant say that I am entirely removed from enjoying modern tech death, but I wouldnt automatically put it to the top of my favorites just because 90% of the bands I listen to couldnt even dream of playing it. Alkaloid is occasionally fun to listen to, but unfortunately I get little out of it and the same goes for most bands in the genre.
I have no aversion to tech death, love that stuff. Know you're not being accusatory, just giving my two cents on the subgenre.

Drudkh and Hate Forest but you obviously despise prefixed black metal.

I forgot that those bands were Ukrainian. Thanks for the reminder. Now I know Trump will be doing the right thing buddying up with Putin. May the rest of Ukraine be annexed as well.

All well and fair and good. I didn't realize the rules of this thread were centered around bands' contribution to genres or metal as a whole. I thought it was talking about currently active bands who are producing quality music today, regardless of their legacy or what they've done for the genre as a whole. My bad for not reading the rules. Also, I didn't know there was an "aversion" to tech death on here. I don't really pay attention to what other people like. I know that @Krow isn't a tech death fan, but other people here...? No, I assumed all these years I've been here (a lot of them) that people enjoyed bands like the ones I listed. They're so fun to listen to.

Last edited:
I wonder who would win between Sweden and USA in a real World Cup Final though. Ibra included in the Sweden squad of course, none of that retirement bs.

Listening to the title track now, I can see myself getting into this upon further spins. Production is a bit wimpy but it's forgivable.