Votes: 10 21.7%
  • The Great Britain

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Germany

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Rest of the World

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
That's not the point. I didn't bother examining the state of the nation's mainstream, because in many cases that's not going to focus on any of the music anyone here likes.

My point stands, the most "metal nation" will always Britain. From the very birth of metal to the fine tuning of pure METAL, as well as influence, no other country comes close.

Dark Tranquillity are verse-chorus for the most part. Not classically structured.

Britain doesn't come close to being the best in terms of a high quantity of exceptional bands. The influence of a select few can't be overstated, however.

ShroudOfDusk said:
I dont get what the deal is with all this Morbid Angel bashing. What's the go?

with all this bashing? I only said it once, hehe. Morbid Angel, in my opinion, is just a really boring band. Ive heard the majority of their stuff, and Ive seen them live 3 or 4 times. Everything sounds the same, nothing interesting. But thats just my opinion, if you like them, more power to ya.

Norway easily:

Burzum
Darkthrone
Emperor
Mayhem
Satyricon
Thorns
Ulver
Zyklon
Arcturus
Tristania
Borknagar
In the Woods
Green Carnation
Dimmu Borgir
Old Man's Child
Einherjer
Enslaved
Windir

USA would probably come in second, mostly thanks to the West Coast...

Guardian of Darkness said:
Dark Tranquillity are verse-chorus for the most part. Not classically structured.

Britain doesn't come close to being the best in terms of a high quantity of exceptional bands. The influence of a select few can't be overstated, however.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think the pure number of good bands is a fair judge. Take a comparison between the UK and USA, I would imagine that population wise we have just as many decent bands, just that there are simply more due to the US being a larger place.

High On Maiden said:
I see what you're saying, but I don't think the pure number of good bands is a fair judge. Take a comparison between the UK and USA, I would imagine that population wise we have just as many decent bands, just that there are simply more due to the US being a larger place.

Fair enough. I'd agree that the good-to-shit band ratio is surely greater here in Britain than in the States.

Originally Posted by Somberlain
France

Blut Aus Nord
Belketre
Deathspell Omega
Mutiilation
Vlad Tepes
Peste Noire
Massacra
Torgeist
Ad Hominem
Kristallnacht
Spektr
Blessed in Sin
Nehemah
Sombre Chemin
The Eye

France has the best BM scene in the world currently.

You forgot Eikenskaden though.

Other awesome French bands:

Loudblast
Gurkkhas
Kronos
Fairyland (name sucks, music does not)
Agressor
Children of Maani (whom you actually recommended me)
Kabbal

etc.

hmmm.. I miss the Netherlands in this list..
bands like
Asphyx,
Altar,
Dead Head,
Sinister,
Callenish Circle
Crustacean
God Dethroned
Gorefest
Izegrim
Orphanage
Pestilence
Thanatos

deserve a place between those in your poll..