Gorguts vs. Meshuggah

Gorguts or Meshuggah?

• Gorguts

Votes: 49 68.1%
  • Meshuggah

Votes: 23 31.9%

• Total voters
Meshuggah are a great band, they just suffer from overhype and immense fanboi clammerings. Doesn't mean they are bad though, far from it. They act as a nice little gateway for bringing more people into the community (though this isn't always a good thing, depending who you ask).

Gorguts are 'relatively' obscure, but they are certainly a very innovative band that I have alot of respect for. Main thing I like about them, however, is their vocalist. You could never mistake him for anyone else, I've not heard anyone who sounds remotely like him. I can't even begin to emulate his singing style. Listening to Obscura now on my headphones, and it's making my entire chair vibrate. Awesomeness.

I never found Obscura to be hard to get into (album)

I really enjoyed the weirdness of it when I first listened to it.

Obscura was the first album that I ever heard by them, and one of my first death metal albums. I didn't know what to make of it at first, but now I enjoy it quite a bit. All of their albums are great.

Obscura isn't generic, since nothing else sounds like it. For the same reason, I don't see it being a part of any trends. You're either extremely dumb or confusing the gay band Obscura with the album by the same name from Gorguts, the latter being the one that's being discussed here.

Further irony comes from your music taste, which contains many generic, trendy technical metal bands. :)

Nah, I love Gorguts, I thought I made that clear, considering I've posted numerous times around this board, and even in this thread, that I enjoy their music. I just made several posts before the one you replied to about the band, Obscura, so I sort of mechanically replied to cherko's post and bashed for no reason...sorry about that! :)

Haha, like? I really don't understand how you would have such a good understanding of my taste in music anyway, and why you felt the necessity or bring something like that up in the first place.

I was going by posts you've made and the fact that you had a Between the Buried and Me album in your signature a while ago.

I think majority of the posters here picked Gorguts for the obvious reason that they like the music. I can go as far as listening to constant polyrhythm for half an hour before I go mad and want to listen to something a little more straightforward. That's not to say Gorguts is straightforward either.

Either way, for those who haven't heard Gorguts I suggest checking out their earlier stuff before letting Obscura hit you in the face.

I wouldn't say just DEI, although it's an amazing record, their whole discography is pretty much flawless imo. Both bands are amazing at what they do and there's no denying that, so a poll like this just comes down to preference.

you cannot compare shit with diamonds, that's my opinion...

Gorguts' Obscura is one of the most demonic,sick & twisted records ever recorded..
but then there are Demilich and Seance and much much more bands...Mesuga are not in the list ofcourse

I love Gorguts, they're an incredible band, but I prefer Meshuggah. And I'm not in the mood for idiots criticising me for liking Meshuggah more, so piss off.

I prefere old gorguts really and like it a lot better than Obscura and the follow up.