gorguts?

Arrakis said:
I asked because no one knows there ARE metal bands here. Other than the metal fans of course. We are few compared to the rest of the music scene here. I just wanted to know if Canada's bands are well established elsewhere in the world, as they aren't here.

And Demilich, if you like the demo, you'll love what you'll hear next year.
What's coming out?

Arrakis said:
are they and other canadian metal bands popular or at least well known in the metal community elsewhere in the world? cause they aren't here, and i reallly wish that wasn't the case.

Welcome to the world of metal, where one out of every ten bands are actually worth listening to. If you're looking for overnight success, I recommend "Rolling Stone magazine", otherwise shut your terdy little trap and play for yourself...

The first two albums are old school brutal/tech death. Obscura is completely whacked and experimental. From Wisdom to Hate has some of the wierdness of Obscura, but has some of the crushing edge of the older material. Their second album, Erosion of Sanity, is my favorite, and Obscura is my least favorite.

Get all of their albums. Now I just need to find an original copy of Considered Dead, since I all ready have The Erosion Of Sanity which would practically make buying the new Roadrunner Re-Issue worthless(plus, it probably doesn't have lyrics and stuff like the original did if they're anything like the Exhorder re-issues).

Ivan the terrible said:
Welcome to the world of metal, where one out of every ten bands are actually worth listening to. If you're looking for overnight success, I recommend "Rolling Stone magazine", otherwise shut your terdy little trap and play for yourself...

see that was all uncalled for. I'm asking a simple question. whatever hostility you have towards me seems pretty baseless and petty.
I'm not looking for overnight success, i'm looking to play some metal. Which is fortunate because that is what I do. You missed the point. CANADIAN'S DONT KNOW ABOUT CANADIAN METAL. Other than folks like you and me.

simple enough?

if you're looking for enemies, i suggest finding someone that will care enough about your little E-insults to E-fight you back. You're wasting our time.

I don't know about the scene in Ontario, but the scene in Quebec and more precisely in Montreal is pretty strong IMO. There are lots of bands and lots of fans.

If you talk about the "regular" person that doesn't know about metal, well, get real, people don't even think that there are that many people that listen to metal, how could they care about the music ?

Arrakis said:
see that was all uncalled for. I'm asking a simple question. whatever hostility you have towards me seems pretty baseless and petty.
I'm not looking for overnight success, i'm looking to play some metal. Which is fortunate because that is what I do. You missed the point. CANADIAN'S DONT KNOW ABOUT CANADIAN METAL. Other than folks like you and me. .

Canadians and North Americans in general don't know their metal scene simply because they are too busy paying attention to modern day trends and the such, this is common sense.

Simple enough?

So I ask you this... when it comes down to making metal music, why should Canadian metal musicians feel the need for recognition from European countries and abroad when they clearly do not possess a speck of originality?

Of course their are a few exceptions within Canadian death/black circles that go without saying...

Arrakis said:
if you're looking for enemies, i suggest finding someone that will care enough about your little E-insults to E-fight you back. You're wasting our time.

You obviously cared enough to reply, so please stop crying... :wave:

Ivan the terrible said:
Canadians and North Americans in general don't know their metal scene simply because they are too busy paying attention to modern day trends and the such, this is common sense.

Simple enough?

So I ask you this... when it comes down to making metal music, why should Canadian metal musicians feel the need for recognition from European countries and abroad when they clearly do not possess a speck of originality?

Of course their are a few exceptions within Canadian death/black circles that go without saying...

You obviously cared enough to reply, so please stop crying... :wave:

This is one of the reasons this Ontario scene doesn't do much. Because we have a few guys running around shit talking everyone else. Got everyone at eachothers throats and everyones too proud to let people do their thing. All you need to do is your own.

My problem with your reply was that you pull reasons out of the air to insult me. Considering you have no real reason to think anything about me other than "he's in that band" i see no reason for the attitute. People that use the internet for no gain but to try and bring other bands/people down is silly.

Why are you so concerned about a scene? All it does is create a club where you have to sound a certain way or risk being ostracized, thus enforcing blandness and stagnation.

Black Sabbath, Slayer, Morbid Angel, Burzum, Bathory, Varathron, Gorguts, Enslaved- what did these bands all have in common? They went against the current way of creating music at the time.

Arrakis said:
This is one of the reasons this Ontario scene doesn't do much. Because we have a few guys running around shit talking everyone else. Got everyone at eachothers throats and everyones too proud to let people do their thing. All you need to do is your own.

My problem with your reply was that you pull reasons out of the air to insult me. Considering you have no real reason to think anything about me other than "he's in that band" i see no reason for the attitute. People that use the internet for no gain but to try and bring other bands/people down is silly.

Oh hey... you again, thought I was wasting your time... :Smug:

Hmmm... I see that you have totally disregarded my question and are persistent on winning over this debate by your little boy whining tactics...

Sometimes the truth really hurts but its bands like yours that make Ontario a laughable affair, patching up your differences with a jewish promoter just for the sake of playing live and foolishly posting your "pizza party" pics online gives me enough solid ground to bluntly label you like the little bitch that you truly are. You are a waste of skin and total disgrace to black metal!.. stay away!... go play punk you little pee-body, Ontario falls short because of you!

Ivan the terrible said:
Oh hey... you again, thought I was wasting your time... :Smug:

Hmmm... I see that you have totally disregarded my question and are persistent on winning over this debate by your little boy whining tactics...

Sometimes the truth really hurts but its bands like yours that make Ontario a laughable affair, patching up your differences with a jewish promoter just for the sake of playing live and foolishly posting your "pizza party" pics online gives me enough solid ground to bluntly label you like the little bitch that you truly are. You are a waste of skin and total disgrace to black metal!.. stay away!... go play punk you little pee-body, Ontario falls short because of you!

we're not a black metal band. Considering you just proved to me that you know nothing of anything going on. i'll leave it at that. I'll just remain civil. feel free to sit on here and E-insult me. I'll keep doing what i like to do instead.

Arrakis said:
we're not a black metal band. Considering you just proved to me that you know nothing of anything going on. i'll leave it at that. I'll just remain civil. feel free to sit on here and E-insult me. I'll keep doing what i like to do instead.

I know more than you think... :err:

...and yet again you stray away from my initial question...

TROLL!!!

Arrakis said:

Originally posted by Tristram from "Will of the Ancients" at (www.metalcrypt.com) #1 quote from Metal discussion forum on Dec 04 2003 - #2 quote from Shameless promotion on Nov 28 2003:

#1 "Will of the Ancients is pleased to display the anti inertia banner. I would encourge anyone who has a site to put it on. Join Will of the Ancients and others in stopping the leprosy of the scene called inertia"... end quote.

#2 "Toronto Pagan Black Metal mp3.com/willoftheancients http://www.grahf.com/wota check it out.. if you have not already thanks"... end quote.

:wave:

Your band is pretty damn cool. This stuff sounds like Dissection mixed with Pleasure To Kill/Seven Chuches/something equally awesome, good shit indeed.

EDIT: Goddamn, the first part of the main break in "Cold Grim Times" is total Riot Of Violence. Fucking awesome, you guys got my support 100%.

Jean-Pierre said:
Your band is pretty damn cool. This stuff sounds like Dissection mixed with Pleasure To Kill/Seven Chuches/something equally awesome, good shit indeed.

EDIT: Goddamn, the first part of the main break in "Cold Grim Times" is total Riot Of Violence. Fucking awesome, you guys got my support 100%.

thanks a lot man. :worship:

we're going to be recording a full length album which we hope to have out in the first half of 2005 just so ya know.

Arrakis said:
we're going to be recording a full length album which we hope to have out in the first half of 2005 just so ya know.

Well I'm sure to be one of the first buyers, dude! :headbang: I hope you guys get a good tour, perhaps I'll do the drive up to Ontario since it isn't that far.