American Head Charge!

The Grimace said:
I didn't say they were tech-metal. And goddamit, everything with fucking rhythmic vocals is not mallcore!! And the lyrics aren't even angsty, they're more about drugs. The angstiest song they have is probably "Nothing To Gein", which is about Ed Gein, who's hardly mallcore. And that's probably the best song they ever did. And the bassist is a fucking monster, he's the best popular bassist since like Les Claypool. And you're just wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. :p

Lyrics have nothing to do with anything (although the lyrical themes ARE MEANT to appeal to angsty teens), and yes, their bassist is fucking incredible. I wasn't speaking strictly about vocals. Most of the riffwork + the rhythms = MAAAAAAAAALLCOOOOOOOREEEEEE.

Ya know who Mudvayne's rhythms remind me of? Have you heard Confessor, that early-90s band? That's exactly what their shit reminds me of, simple riffs/rhythms that build on themselves and don't often repeat. Mallcore, to me, is always 4/4 time. Always.

The Grimace said:
Ya know who Mudvayne's rhythms remind me of? Have you heard Confessor, that early-90s band? That's exactly what their shit reminds me of, simple riffs/rhythms that build on themselves and don't often repeat. Mallcore, to me, is always 4/4 time. Always.

You're comparing Mudvayne to fucking CONFESSOR? You've got a screw loose, my man. :lol:

I think I'm right. That's all that matters. :loco:

EDIT: I'm right, ya know.

RE-EDIT: Why is it that everytime someone compares a band to another band around here, if the newer Band A which Person 1 thinks is suck is not a cover band of the older Band B which Person 2 compares Band A to, Person 1 must pee all over themselves with disbelief that the two could have any similarities? Just wondering. :lol: