Thoughts on older mainstream hard rock/metal bands

deftones are great on record but not so good live, im sure any of you who have seen them know what Im talking about....

i know exactly what you're talking about, but it's really all chino. he ruins it. steph/abe/chi are all fine performing live.

one band that i still listen to occasionally which i guess are considered nu-metal is taproot. i think they've gotten progressively better on each release, the first being straight up rapcore.

anyone heard this band?

(btw: loving "beware" off the new deftones)

one band that i still listen to occasionally which i guess are considered nu-metal is taproot. i think they've gotten progressively better on each release, the first being straight up rapcore.

anyone heard this band?

(btw: loving "beware" off the new deftones)

Yes I have, and I agree, they have gotten a lil better with each release. They're not amazing, but they're a decent band for what they do.

I live in Iowa so obviously there was a period in my life when I listened to a lil Slipknot. I couldn't actually get into their songs like i did when i was younger, i really dont care for their music anymore.

Mudvayne's 2002 cd brings back some great memories and times during that winter, so even though i dont consider myself a fan of nu-metal I do enjoy songs off that album still. A World So Cold is a brilliant song, I'll stand behind it 100%.

Deftones are ok, I never got into them, but what they're doing is different which you have to respect, but again I could just never get into their stuff as much.

Disturbed fucking sucks. Never liked them, talentless, shit.

World so Cold is a good song, I especially like that drum part in the bridge/outro.

Disturbed IS awful. I got the cd with "Stupify" and "Down with the Sickness" on it back when I was a nu-metal fiend (I listened to shit all the way down the ladder to like, Coal Chamber) and even then I realized it was worthless even by nu-metal standards. The singer guy's moron sound-effects (like, AOOOhhhhWAH AH AH AH! at the beginning of Down with the Sickness) did add a strong element of comedy, at least - I played the beginning of that song about "droppin plates on your ass bitch" for friends more times than I listened to any of the rest of the cd combined.

Speaking of comedy, Static X was a band I mostly hated, but they had one song that was utterly hilarious that had this weird vocal loop of an old lady going "I GRAB MY SHOVEL" and some of the funniest riffing/vocals ever. I think it was called "I'm With Stupid."

Speaking of comedy, Static X was a band I mostly hated, but they had one song that was utterly hilarious that had this weird vocal loop of an old lady going "I GRAB MY SHOVEL" and some of the funniest riffing/vocals ever. I think it was called "I'm With Stupid."

LOL, Static-X! I remember those guys. The songs are unbelievably simplistic and his voice is so fucking annoying!! I could never get into those guys.

And I apologize for you liking Coal Chamber. terrible, terrible....

Mudvayne - L.D. 50
Smashing Pumpkins
Korn
Busch <--how is that actually spelled? someone tell me.
Collective Soul
U2 - Pop (in the same decade)
no doubt
Deftones (props to digital bath)
Static X's first album is pretty sweet
Slipknot's first album has its moments.
Pearl Jam
Marilyn Manson
Filter
Staind's first album is amazing
Head P.E.
Butthole Surfers
Soundgarden
Rage against the Machine

so many more

It's Bush. They were a poppy Nirvana rip-off, but their breakthrough album had a lot of catchy songs on it (Everything Zen, Machinehead, Little Things, Glycerine, Comedown, etc). Their later albums were pretty much crap though. If we're going to talk about grunge, then Alice in Chains was definitely the best, Pearl Jam had one good album (Ten), Nirvana was pretty good, Stone Temple Pilots were great, and Soundgarden was terrible (I've only heard the A-Sides album though). I really like No Doubt's albums "Tragic Kingdom" and "Return to Saturn." I can admit this, because I am comfortable with my heterosexuality.

Filter is also really good. "Title of Record" and whatever the follow-up were called were such great albums (despite having some clunkers like "Welcome to the Fold" on them). I LOVE their sound, it's so incredibly smooth.
"Captain Bligh," "Where do we go from here," "God damn me," all great songs. I think I'll listen to them RIGHT NOW!

Otep, American Head Charge, Mushroomhead, Disturbed, Slipknot, etc.

i actually HATE those abnds...though ....if u liek 'em good for you....to each his own...but yeah...im not into tehm....back in the day....that..."O WA A A A "...down withe sickness thign was catchy...hahah.!!!.....PEAC EOUT

i actually HATE those abnds...though ....if u liek 'em good for you....to each his own...but yeah...im not into tehm....back in the day....that..."O WA A A A "...down withe sickness thign was catchy...hahah.!!!.....PEAC EOUT

wail.gif
wail.gif
wail.gif
wail.gif
wail.gif
wail.gif

Waz is the greatest poster on this forum.

blasphemy!!

have you really sat down to listen "bad motorbreath" or "superunknown"?

As I said, I've only heard the greatest hits (A-Sides). I hated all the songs I heard on the radio and then some die-hards were like HEY LISTEN TO THE GREATEST HITS, I made it through about 6 tracks before turning it off in disgust. Absolutely horrid. I think it goes chronologically, so maybe I could stand the newer stuff, which of those two albums is newer?