Thoughts on older mainstream hard rock/metal bands

Apr 14, 2004
In a dank and dungeony dorm room
I pulled out my ozzfest 2001 cd and took a listen.
And I thought, back in the day i'd definately buy these cds, and now i wouldnt dream of it, but i still like some of the songs. So I was just wondering what are your opinions on bands say like:

Mudvayne, Otep, American Head Charge, Mushroomhead, Disturbed, Slipknot, etc.

the majority of that genre is just so boring... i mean i used to like disturbed and slipknot before i discovered real music, but now i really cant be bothered to bore myself with this genre of music, its just so unimaginative and terrible really.

They're all pretty terrible. There is that transition phase into good music for some people with those bands usually on the list, though. Most of them seem to never make it. I'm glad I got out of it when I joined Ultimate Metal. :erk:

Not really a fan of many of those bands in particular. But I dont mind listening to them.

Id never buy a CD as such, but when friends put them on or I go to concerts theyre playing at, Ill still enjoy it and have a good time. However there are some bands I really despise. Why do people think Slipknot are the most talented? Ive seen clips of them live and half the members literally do nothing, and instead wrestle around on stage whilst the rest of the band plays, and occasionally hit a drum.

I thought Mudvayne put on a killer gig this yr here. I used to be into that stuff until I was converted to the more underground metal scene. Now I don't think I'd go see any of those bands. Charge too much, for what they are IMO.

My wife likes Erknot et al and I won't even buy those CDs as presents for her, let alone for myself. I feel like indulging her liking for those bands would be like feeding her 20 doughnuts a day and not even commenting on the size of her arse.

i found system of a down's first album really crazy and enjoyable. i think i would still enjoy the wackiness if i were to put it on now. it's been a long time, though.

out of that list i pick disturbed, all of there songs stuck with me, and i can listen to em once in a blue...system, and godsmack are some other decent bands from that time...imo atleast

I really liked Mudvayne's 'The End of All Things To Come'

Disturbed was ok early on. I've seen them a cpl times, but won't do so again. Last time the singer kept preaching about the war & all his political ideas. I don't pay $$$ for tix to listen to that kind of shit. Put it in your lyrics or STFU.

Slipknot has a cpl good songs...maybe...I prefer his work in Stone Sour

SOAD & Godsmack :headbang: