Thoughts on older mainstream hard rock/metal bands

I like them, and it's disappointing that Cornell hasn't produced any good music since then

his solo album is top-notch. mellow songs on acoustic guitar with excellent lyrics and vocal melodies. what else could anyone want from cornell?

i hear the new audioslave has some good stuff on there, too. can anyone confirm that?

wankerness - start out with superunknown. that album should do the trick. "rusty cage," the infamous "jesus crhist pose," "room a thousand years wide" are all excellent tracks.

oh and by the way, the correct name for the other album should be "badmotorfinger"! i got it mixed up with motorbreath! :loco:

I'm not going to read all the pages of this post, but when you say "older rock/metal" what comes to mind is; Zeppelin, King Crimson, Deep Purple, Procol Harum, Grand Funk Railroad, Uriah Heep, UFO and Blind Faith. To name a few.

I'm not going to read all the pages of this post, but when you say "older rock/metal" what comes to mind is; Zeppelin, King Crimson, Deep Purple, Procol Harum, Grand Funk Railroad, Uriah Heep, UFO and Blind Faith. To name a few.

My thoughts exactly, but I can't resist a good read. :)

So after reading this I wonder why the mighty Clawfinger doesn't get a mention? :erk:

One sad reminder today, it's 21 years to the day since "Phil Lynott" Thin Lizzy's main man passed on...

BBC ON THIS DAY | 4 | 1986: Thin Lizzy star dies

:weeps: