Got iMac!

The main reason i bought a mac were because i was so angry with my last pc that i thought: "i can't stand this anymore, i need something more stable, powerful and reliable", then i started on considering the move to mac...

after thinking on....

1st i wanted a dedicated computer for working with audio

2nd (After reading about) the majority of users (audio related) shared that their experience with mac was good-to-great - many says that OS is great to work with, that their hardware and softwares work flawless improving their workflow, they can run alot of processing, tracks, plugins, vst's and not a single issue, not having to freeze tracks, workflow much better and so on...

3rd (i know a mac is also prone to this) all of the 3 pcs i owned had hardware and OS issues (BSOD). I was so pissed off i thought the best "solution" would be moving to mac.

Along the way I had 3 pcs for working with music AND miscs ... I have spent money on motherboards, power sources, HDs, monitors and i got all sort of problems with them (the damm pcs), mainly hardware issues but also OS problems, i agree with some of you that main reason (but not all) of these OS issues are caused by users failures. Honestly, i pretty much prefer change a power supply than look out for a solution to solve a BSOD or any OS failure, THIS piss me off soooo much!!! It's very frustating that day before everything was working good, you did a lot of work and suddenly in the morning, the damm OS doesn't boot up!!! aarrghh... lol

I just looked for something that could run my recorded tracks and mixing process flawless, minimizing issues with OS and hardware, powerful and fast then i believe the mac will deliver it!

however, i'm still waiting for it!!! can't wait... lol

cya all!

I've used various PCs and Macs over the years. Right now I'm on a Mac Mini. In my experience, the PCs required more care to keep running smoothly. The Macs were comparatively maintenance and hassle free. I had to do more virus checking, driver hunting, registry fixing, OS reinstalling, restarting, and tweaking with the PCs. If you enjoy working on computers, tweaking and tinkering with stuff, then you can save money and do very well with a Windows PC or even a Hackintosh. Especially with desktops, since you can get inside and swap/upgrade components. For laptops, I prefer Apple always. The other perk of Macs is getting to use Apogee, Metric Halo, Logic Studio etc...