Got myself an E-cigg

A month and five days later I couldn't be happier! I've smoked a real cig once (well, smoked two or three on that occasion) when massively drunk, and I didn't find myself enjoying it that much. My liquid consumption seems to be around 1ml (8mg nicotine) per day, so all in all I shouldn't spend more than 30e tops per month, while I regularly spent 150e on cigarettes. Feels awesome! Also, the fiancé doesn't mind me vaping indoors at all, since it's a pleasant smell that fades away in a couple of seconds. Here's my little friend (well, one of the two identical cigs):

901mod2.jpg

congrats man! Keep up the good work. I'm coming up on two years this march (can't believe it's been almost two years since I first started the thread) with no slip-ups but I always keep mine handy. Especially when I've been drinking.

Congrats dude. I've used an ecig since November of last year. Smoked 13 years prior to that. Haven't picked up a regular cig since.

In Finland we won't be able to buy these from 1.1.12 forward. It seems that the e-cigs look too much like a normal cig. I guess they have decided we finns have evolved enough to filter the cancer out of cigarettes.

I'm a non smoker but i'd love to get one for my father.

In Finland we won't be able to buy these from 1.1.12 forward. It seems that the e-cigs look too much like a normal cig. I guess they have decided we finns have evolved enough to filter the cancer out of cigarettes.

I'm a non smoker but i'd love to get one for my father.

That's not true. Finnish online stores, that sell from Finland, can't advertise or show the products online. We can still buy them from physical stores and overseas. The Finnish prices are insane anyway, so there's not much sense buying from here anyway.

We can still order stuff overseas like before.

That's not true. Finnish online stores, that sell from Finland, can't advertise or show the products online. We can still buy them from physical stores and overseas. The Finnish prices are insane anyway, so there's not much sense buying from here anyway.

We can still order stuff overseas like before.

Oh sorry, didn't realize that. I guess there's still hope. :D

Oh sorry, didn't realize that. I guess there's still hope. :D

Yeah, it's the new cigarette law that affects e-cigs as a side effect.

In a nutshell, no cigarette products can be held on display or advertised in any way from the beginning of 2012. The stores will have catalogs the shopper can ask to see, but there can't be any pictures or products on display. The cigarette law considers e-cigs as cigarette imitations, so the web stores can't have images or lists of available products anymore.

Had a slow day today, and one of my 901 batteries started dying a couple of days ago, so I performed an autopsy, took the battery connector and made a new e-cig out of a LED flashlight:

lanpu2.jpg

The on/off switch in the bottom isn't very convenient, but it actually works really well :lol: It's powered with three rechargeable AAA batteries.

I've just quit smoking since the new year and I've been going well with very little craving. Even been around a group of smokers while drinking and I haven't given in. Been on nicabate mints. It's good if you weren't as heavy a smoker, whenever you have a craving just pop a mint.