Got the new Dimmu Borgir "In Sorte Diaboli" pre-release

Dude you are such a poser. You try to act like you are all kvlt and tr00 by liking Burzum and old Dimmu and bashing new Dimmu but you are the same clown who went on and on about how awesome St. Agner was and how great you though God Hates Us All was. You are only saying this shit to fit in with the tr00 metalheads on this forum and get internet cred.

No I don't, I love Burzum among other black metal bands because black metal is my favorite genre of metal. St. Anger is an awesome album to I never got why people hated it. GHUA is a good album for nu metalheads but once your out of the nu metal genre you'll dislike it. I never understood how people were supposed to like Dimmu Borgir after Stormblast it just sound so commercial and boring. I never listened to their Enthroned album yet but after my experiances with their two albums after it, I don't really want to either.

There's this part in "Dreamside Dominions", just after the 3-minute mark, when he repeats the "losing control in seductive madness" verse, and it sounds absolutely deadly, yet all the more so because his vocals actually harmonize with the keyboard melody somehow. ...Although Vortex seems to be singing with him at that point, so hopefully it's not just him that I hear harmonizing.

I listened very carefully, and Vortex is the only one with a pitch. But I see what you mean, some Samael songs sound like he's got pitch when in fact it's the keys or guitars providing it.

No I don't, I love Burzum among other black metal bands because black metal is my favorite genre of metal. St. Anger is an awesome album to I never got why people hated it. GHUA is a good album for nu metalheads but once your out of the nu metal genre you'll dislike it. I never understood how people were supposed to like Dimmu Borgir after Stormblast it just sound so commercial and boring. I never listened to their Enthroned album yet but after my experiances with their two albums after it, I don't really want to either.

Yes but your favorite band In Flames is about as commercial as metal gets so your argument against new Dimmu for being commercial is absurd.
Also if you haven't even heard EDT then how the hell can you say that all Dimmu after Stormblast is commercial?! Have you even listened to SBD? Or did you just hear DCA and go "oh that sucks so everything they did after Stormblast must sound exactly like that".

I listened very carefully, and Vortex is the only one with a pitch. But I see what you mean, some Samael songs sound like he's got pitch when in fact it's the keys or guitars providing it.

Damn. Oh well.

Is Godless Savage Garden worth picking up? Especially since the new version seems substantial enough.

I love the two original tracks on there - "Moonchild" and "Chaos Without Prophecy". They have that awesome dark/melodic feel of the SBD material, but they're less extreme sounding, which is a nice change from SBD. I think "Chaos" is one of the most reflective-sounding Dimmu songs ever.

Is Godless Savage Garden worth picking up? Especially since the new version seems substantial enough.

If you really like them then go for it. The new songs are good, the live tracks sound good and the re-recordings of the FAT songs are really cool. I don't have the new version, just the old version.

I love the two original tracks on there - "Moonchild" and "Chaos Without Prophecy". They have that awesome dark/melodic feel of the SBD material, but they're less extreme sounding, which is a nice change from SBD. I think "Chaos" is one of the most reflective-sounding Dimmu songs ever.

Gotta agree with you there, both great songs. I especially liked Chaos Without Prophecy :kickass:

Alright. I probably won't get it for a while since I just bought the new album and I've got a ton of other stuff to check out in the months ahead.

I'll chime in. I got it and it's pretty good. Depending on what taste one has that is. I would only disagree with those that would claim that it's NOT metal. That's a bit of a stretch,but that's what some metal fans say when a metal band goes from obscurity to popular.

On a lighter note I had made a joke a long time back that Shagrath has the "Popeye" vocals, as opposed to Cookie Monster.

Mustaine has Oscar the Grouch. :headbang:

But Popeye is alot more noticable in The Conspiracy Unfolds with the line "Fallen I Have, Fallen I Am"....just replace it with "I am What I Am And That's All That I Am"...:lol:

Keep the same vocal tone...wonder if someone pointed that out to them. I thought I was hearing things. :lol:

th_popeye1.gif

:cool:
I'll chime in. I got it and it's pretty good. Depending on what taste one has that is. I would only disagree with those that would claim that it's NOT metal. That's a bit of a stretch,but that's what some metal fans say when a metal band goes from obscurity to popular.

On a lighter note I had made a joke a long time back that Shagrath has the "Popeye" vocals, as opposed to Cookie Monster.

Mustaine has Oscar the Grouch. :headbang:

But Popeye is alot more noticable in The Conspiracy Unfolds with the line "Fallen I Have, Fallen I Am"....just replace it with "I am What I Am And That's All That I Am"...:lol:

Keep the same vocal tone...wonder if someone pointed that out to them. I thought I was hearing things. :lol:

th_popeye1.gif

:lol:
Yeah but Popeye kicks ass.
Welcome back Metaldude... haven't seen you in a long time. :cool:

:cool:

:lol:
Yeah but Popeye kicks ass.
Welcome back Metaldude... haven't seen you in a long time. :cool:

Thanks man! I only post when I'm at work and I have 2 myspaces and 3,000 plus posts in another forum (where I actually made personal friendships)...but I can't diss this site.

I do read alot when I can. It's nice to post a bit tonight here. Have a great weekend! :kickass: