Got the new Dimmu Borgir "In Sorte Diaboli" pre-release

i can understand the complaints about changing songs. but i imagine the keyboard part was taken out because they got sued or somthin
~gR~

That was Sorgens Kammer, so its understandable that they couldn't use it. But why the other changes to tracks?

Why didn't they just do the same thing that they did with For All Tid. They re-mastered the album and whatever - there's a difference in improvement and quality from the original version of For All Tid to the re-released version.

Stormblast needed a makeover much more than For All Tid. At least you can hear the guitars on FAT.

Maybe so, but it's a black metal album so I don't think the album itself is necessarily affected in a negative way. Certainly not to point of which that the album should be re-recorded. Usually if I have a problem with an album's production, I adjust the equalizer settings, rarely though. I don't think the production values on that album are that much worse than the original release of For All Tid though.

ok, question... i havnt heard the stormlast reissue. what makes it different from the original?
~gR~

There are two new tracks. One track from the original was axed due to the fact that the music was copied from a video game. It was recorded in D instead of E. The intro to the first track was cut. The production is much more clear and the guitars are very heavy in the mix. It is nowhere near as atmospheric, etc. I think it's a really good album and makes for a great compliment to the original though the original is better IMO.

I paid little attention to their set, but I heard one song title mentioned, something with "California" in the title.

its a new song, called "Clouds over California". they also played some other new song and i only knew 2 of their songs. "hold back the day" and "end of the line"

Stian played on Enthrone Darkness Triumphant by the way...I definitely like his style though, his image was pretty cool.

Yeah top-hats are so fvcking metal.

:lol: Yeah, when I first saw a picture of him I wasn't sure of he was in a black metal band or a ragtime band!

Maybe so, but it's a black metal album so I don't think the album itself is necessarily affected in a negative way. Certainly not to point of which that the album should be re-recorded. Usually if I have a problem with an album's production, I adjust the equalizer settings, rarely though. I don't think the production values on that album are that much worse than the original release of For All Tid though.

Well, none of their mallgoth fans were gonna buy the original version of Stormblast, so they needed to make a nice pretty version for them. :)

And yes, the musicianship and mixing were pretty atrocious on the original album, but anyone who listens to old school black metal obviously wouldn't complain about such things.