Got the new Dimmu Borgir "In Sorte Diaboli" pre-release

Ok, I'm two songs into this thing, and yes, it's not the same cheesy, jerry bruckheimer black metal we've heard before. However, it's unbelievably boring. I mean, I just had a cup of coffee and I'm falling asleep.

For me its a bit of a grower album. I've listened to it several times and I like it. It's not great but it's good. Better than the last album certainly.

As far as bonus tracks go - The Heretic Hammer is far better than The Ancestral Fever. I'm probably not going to buy the album, but should I, at least I live in Canada. However, I don't see why there should be two editions with two different bonus tracks.

im gonna see them like 5 hours from now. im not a fan of them but maybe seeing them live, may change that.

For me its a bit of a grower album. I've listened to it several times and I like it. It's not great but it's good. Better than the last album certainly.

Yeah I listened to it a second time today and it was better. Glad I could get my money's worth.

im gonna see them like 5 hours from now. im not a fan of them but maybe seeing them live, may change that.

Setlist plz when you get back. Get Kataklysm's setlist too if you get the chance.

Yeah I listened to it a second time today and it was better. Glad I could get my money's worth.

Setlist plz when you get back. Get Kataklysm's setlist too if you get the chance.
Fuckin' right. A setlist would own. I will be seeing them at HOB chicago next wed. and Ill post a setlist then.

Fuckin' right. A setlist would own. I will be seeing them at HOB chicago next wed. and Ill post a setlist then.

Here's a setlist from an April 21st show, mostly the same for the rest of the tour I imagine.

Intro
Progenies of the Great Apocalypse
Vredesbyrd
Cataclysm Children
Kings of the Carnival Creation
Sorgens Kammer del II
Indoctrination
A Succubus in Rapture
The Serpentine Offering
Drum solo
The Chosen Legacy
The Insight and the Catharsis
Spellbound
Mourning Palace
The Fallen - Outro

A bit too much EDT stuff, but a great setlist regardless.

zephyrus, the setlist that you listed is pretty much the same as the one they played. i dont know too many kataklysm songs but they played: (not in right order)
As I Slither
Where the Enemy Sleeps
Crippled and Broken
Like Angels Weeping
Shadows and Dust

and maybe they played 1 or 2 other songs

The new Dimmu Borgir album is very, very good. Not up there with the likes of Spiritual Black Dimensions or Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, but those albums will be very hard to top.