Got the new Dimmu Borgir "In Sorte Diaboli" pre-release

It's their best since Enthroned, but all the songs sound similar and it just doesn't grab me. "The Serpentine Offering" is pretty crazy, but that's the only true standout, in my opinion. The rest is just formulaic.

It beats Puritanical Whateverthefuck and Death Cult Armageddon though. Those albums fucking blow. They're the soundtracks to a black metal gay bar.

ive had the ripped cd for a month.

seeing them live with katalkysm, devildriver, and unearth may 19th, looking forward to it.

It's their best since Enthroned, but all the songs sound similar and it just doesn't grab me. "The Serpentine Offering" is pretty crazy, but that's the only true standout, in my opinion. The rest is just formulaic.

It beats Puritanical Whateverthefuck and Death Cult Armageddon though. Those albums fucking blow. They're the soundtracks to a black metal gay bar.

Wow, you seem to be an enourmous idiot. Congratulations.

Go look it up if you do not believe me since I been a Twisted Sister fan since 1983 and Dimmu shows the credits on the DCA album not PEM...

I'm not sure why you are under the impression that I'm doubting the fact that it is a Twisted Sister cover. I know Twisted Sister and I have Stay Hungry.

And I used to own a copy of PEM. It was one of the bonus tracks on the special edition of that album. So it was on PEM first. The fact that they may have also put it on some versions of DCA a few years later doesn't really invalidate that statement does it. But if you don't trust their official site then look here.

Ok, I'm two songs into this thing, and yes, it's not the same cheesy, jerry bruckheimer black metal we've heard before. However, it's unbelievably boring. I mean, I just had a cup of coffee and I'm falling asleep.

I'm not sure why you are under the impression that I'm doubting the fact that it is a Twisted Sister cover. I know Twisted Sister and I have Stay Hungry.

And I used to own a copy of PEM. It was one of the bonus tracks on the special edition of that album. So it was on PEM first. The fact that they may have also put it on some versions of DCA a few years later doesn't really invalidate that statement does it. But if you don't trust their official site then look here.

Question is are these U.S. released versions or not? One is a Japanese import boxset and the other one has no indication. So if you live outside the U.S. then it's a version I didn't get. And I bought my version around the time DCA also came out.

I bought it in the Netherlands five years ago or so. Might be a European-only release. I've since sold it on eBay so I can't really check any of the details.

I bought it in the Netherlands five years ago or so. Might be a European-only release. I've since sold it on eBay so I can't really check any of the details.

Yah probably Euro version of some sort.. in U.S. we rarely get the better versions or if we do it's usually not til years after the release when they add bonus tracks..

I really enjoyed the video for the first single. The intro is pretty intense too... but the music... uggg, doesn't suprise me. Like the topic creator said, the drumming is the highlight of the album. Unfortuntaley the guitars are boring.

I really enjoyed the video for the first single. The intro is pretty intense too... but the music... uggg, doesn't suprise me. Like the topic creator said, the drumming is the highlight of the album. Unfortuntaley the guitars are boring.

The drumming alone intrigues me...though after seeing a recent Dimmu promo-pic including Hellhammer, I'm a little sceptical...they arguably looked sillier than EVER...and Hellhammer looked goofiest of all! wtf?? :puke:

Seems like a continuation of DCA. It's not horrible, but it isn't very impressive, just like everything since Enthrone Darkness Triumphant.

i find these threads where ppl bash bands, pointless really. if u dont like them then u dont have too.but dont bash them and ruin it for the fans or for the ppl who have never heard them.

but i think its great. progenies is better song then the serpentine offering, and better video too. but w.e one of my fave bands

I like Dimmu Borgir a lot, but this album is rather disappointing. As mentioned before its fairly boring, though I'd say its at least better than their re-recorded version of Stormblast. I could go into detail but there isn't much point since its been said before.

I downloaded the album when it was first leaked at the beginning of March so in the couple months it still hasn't impressed me and I don't think it will either. However, with the actual rip I did quite like the song "The Heretic Hammer" which I was anxiously waiting for since I saw their live performance of it quite a while ago. As I said its not a bad album, its good but nothing of excellence that I had hoped for. I'd probably give it a 7.5/10.

Just listened to the new album last night. Here's my first impression.

The album starts out very strong with "The Serpentine Offering", but it may have turned into another "Progenies...", being a song that out-does the rest of the album too much. Simen Vortex's voice is used well on this track, but I'm not to keen on double-tracking his vocals (because he tends to sing the lower-pitched track live).
From that, the album goes sharply downhill with the next track. Great drum solo at the beginning, but "The Chosen Legacy" sounds not too good.
Luckily, from this low-point the album improves with each song back to a level close to the beginning track. Simen sings again on "The Sacrilegious Scorn" and "The Sinister Awakening" and that adds to the dynamics of the song.
For you international fans, I'm sorry that your availed editions do not contain the track "The Heretic Hammer" because it is one of the best tracks on the album, probably because it's more black metal-y.
The album finishes strong with the last two tracks and thus I can say this album came close to meeting my expectations and it is considerably better than most of what DCA had to offer.

Get this album only if you enjoyed Dimmu's last two albums, or else be warned not to keep up your expectations.

Regardless, I'm seeing these guys live tomorrow and it should be a hell of a show.