grammys

aramism

Dec 2, 2006
New York, NY
www.myspace.com
so i decided to watch the grammys, sort of, for the first time in like 10 years.

all it did was re-affirm the sad state of the music industry. one of the few things i don't understand is the love affair with jennifer hudson. she is a terrible singer, terrible performer, and isn't even hot or anything.

she is crying, getting standing ovations etc. it's pretty sad really.

the only thing i can say i thoroughly enjoyed was carrie underwoods performance. she was the best performer of the night, she has a pretty good voice as it is, and there was a HOTTTT girl guitar player who was like a female slash. soloing the whole time over every chorus and shred a bunch during the guitar solo. i can say i've never seen a hot female guitar player than can really play ever. so that was a first.

ps - watch it quick before the copyright kicks in and it gets yanked.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am surprised Jennifer Hudson did not lip sync her performance like she did at the Super Bowl. I thought that Paul McCartney had a good performance.

Popular music is a joke. I was talking to some friends and I fail to realize how many of these artists sell records. Is it sex appeal? Because for a lot of these people, I see little to no talent. It seems like there were many good pop artists back in the day but now everything seems so fake.

I am surprised Jennifer Hudson did not lip sync her performance like she did at the Super Bowl. I thought that Paul McCartney had a good performance.

Popular music is a joke. I was talking to some friends and I fail to realize how many of these artists sell records. Is it sex appeal? Because for a lot of these people, I see little to no talent. It seems like there were many good pop artists back in the day but now everything seems so fake.

i've always liked pop music up until this decade when the level of quality went through the shitter. occasionally there is a good act here and there but for the most part it's pretty crappy. i think a lot of the "decline" of the record industry has to be attributed to the fact that the quality of the product being sold is diminished. there are still a bunch of mainstream stuff i like such as foo fighters, linkin park, nickleback, etc...

as far as like pop artists, they all suck now. carrie underwood actually has something going for her i must say. the rest of them pretty much suck. the grammys are supposed to be the industry showcase but if that's the best they have to offer maybe they should stop wondering why record sales are so low, even with illegal downloading.

I saw Chris Martin playing that piano/vocal ballad, then out of nowhere Jay-Z starts rapping all over the piano playing...just him and the piano. Absolutely horrendous sounding, and I'm sure there are tons of people who herald it as unique, creative, and genuinely good :zombie:

Would've been funnier had Brown smacked her with an umbrella - ella - ella.

Fuck that song.

And I'm just making a conclusion based off you feeling the need to not only post in every thread imaginable but to nitpick and find something wrong with everything. You're not much of an optimist, are you?

Look man, there's really no need to get personal - I apologize for offending you, but you really don't know very much about me, certainly not enough to make conclusions like that (cuz I consider myself extremely optimistic actually)

anyway, back on topic.

I thought the majority of the musical performances were horrendous, especially the Jonas Brothers. I felt kind of bad for Stevie Wonder.

wtf is Jennifer Hudson?

jennifer-hudson.jpg

Apparently she's got Weapons of Milk Destruction.