Grammys

panzerfaust666

German Asshole
Feb 24, 2007
Kelowna,B.C. Canada
so yeah, they were last night. Just wondering what you guys thought. Any performances you were really amazed by? VIce Versa? what do you think should have won etc.

I for one now like that Paper Planes songs by M.I.A., American boy with that douchebag Kanye, and

they really did deserve best album. its unreal

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely have an opinion on this. What I want to do is start my own thread, my first, but for now I'll just say this is freakin great! I don't have the album, but I like what I've heard. Glad it did so well.:cool:

The Grammys are a fuckin' joke. Did you hear that U2 crap? Get yer Boots!!This band should'nt even be on the stage, and they've been there many times. Absolutley, the most ovverrated band on the planet.

metalheads bashing the grammys? wow, thats really thinking outside the box!

You don't know that I'm a metalhead? Fuckin' hate that term. Thinking outside of the box? You don't have to "think outside of the box" to understand the Grammys are horrific. This is a popularity contest. It has nothing to do with musical integrity, ability as a musician or one's compositional skills. I never watch this bullshit. I was flipping around the stations and stumbled upon the U2 embarassment.:puke:

You don't know that I'm a metalhead? Fuckin' hate that term. Thinking outside of the box? You don't have to "think outside of the box" to understand the Grammys are horrific. This is a popularity contest. It has nothing to do with musical integrity, ability as a musician or one's compositional skills. I never watch this bullshit. I was flipping around the stations and stumbled upon the U2 embarassment.:puke:

wow, way to overreact.

yeah the grammys is a shit organization, always behind the ball, kinda like rolling stone, everyone gets credit just before or after they die, so in the end its just a matter of waiting

actually, not really.

from wikipedia.

Raising Sand performed by Allison Krauss and Robert Plant; produced by T-Bone Burnett

2008 River: The Joni Letters performed by Herbie Hancock; featuring Leonard Cohen, Norah Jones, Joni Mitchell, Corinne Bailey Rae, Luciana Souza & Tina Turner; produced by Herbie Hancock & Larry Klein; engineered/mixed by Helik Hadar; master engeineered by Bernie Grundman

2008 and 2009 winners.Not bad albums AT ALL.

But is that the first time Hanncock, Mitchell, Cohen and Turner was recogonized by them ? and its not even direct for the work of these musicians

I was blown away when they picked the lethargic Tracy Chapman over Melissa Etheridge for best new artist in 89. Chapman also got best female vocal performance for Fast Car... hey its an alright song but what am I missing here ? vocal "performance" ? its like saying a lawn mower will out perform a ZO6

The Metallica/Tull thing was just a joke, but I got it. Metalheads spent too much time being pissed off at Tull but that was just as stupid as the Grammys themselves. See back in the early 70's when Tull should have gotten an award for Aqualung or Thick as a Brick... they werent good enough for "The Grammys" so decades later because they caught on that aggressive music did live on and expand itself and its popularity... in a make up effort they finally gave Tull some cred when it was actually Metallicas turn. For example in '73 there wasnt even a rock catagory, just POP and Classical, Jazz, ect. The album of the year was "Concert for Bangla Desh" containing older artists that probably had already missed their turn for much better music.

Really no different than Plant finally getting recogonition this late in his career... why ? Because he teamed up with a country musician... and that is politically correct for them so they must jump on that one... especially considering Plant most likely has few recordings left in him.

whatever - its a shit organization, just like all media

The Metallica/Tull thing was just a joke, but I got it. Metalheads spent too much time being pissed off at Tull but that was just as stupid as the Grammys themselves. See back in the early 70's when Tull should have gotten an award for Aqualung or Thick as a Brick... they werent good enough for "The Grammys" so decades later because they caught on that aggressive music did live on and expand itself and its popularity... in a make up effort they finally gave Tull some cred when it was actually Metallicas turn. For example in '73 there wasnt even a rock catagory, just POP and Classical, Jazz, ect. The album of the year was "Concert for Bangla Desh" containing older artists that probably had already missed their turn for much better music.

Exactly! I'd like to ad that the catagory was "rock and heavy metal" I'll repeat, "rock AND heavy metal". Stupid Grammy MF's lumped them together. But the metal fans thought it was their catagory for metal alone. Wrong. Rock was lumped in there too. Big mistake. They are different as we all know. Tull's music is awesome, plain and simple. It deserves and award. Just like Metalica. Great bands both.

actually it was a bit tighter than that it was HARDrock/metal which isnt too bad but I think they may have even seperated them now because Metallic got it for best metal performance the next year... gee... I wonder why ? lol Living Colour got the best hardrock performance award that year, probably not my choice but it was considered a new kind of approach, plus it was another politically correct choice

fucking Cold Play winning best rock song, they aren't rock, at best they're like Indie or whatever.

Metallica should of won, though I wouldn't consider them "rock" either...I just like 'em more