Childhood Misconceptions.

One time when I was around kinderkarten age, my mom told me that I had a lot of nerve. I already had some idea about what nerves really were though, so I didn't realize she was criticizing my behavior. In fact, I had no idea why she was saying it.

Another time, my dad asked me if I respected him, but I had no idea what that word meant. It sounded like "resent" though, so I figured it had a similar meaning and said no thinking I was being polite. He then spanked me and gave me a long lecture about why I should respect him, but it never occured to him to tell me what it meant and it nevered occured to me that I may have misunderstood the meaning of the word, so I was extremely confused about why he wanted me to resent him so much until I finally learned its true meaning a few years later.

I loved dinosaurs and everything about them, so whenever someone said "drastically," I misinterpretted it as "Jurassically."

I also thought "truck" was "chruck" and "track" was "chrack," until about first grade. After learning about the sounds that different letters make, I thought it was very strange that everyone else insisted that those words were spelled with a T instead of a CH. The same goes for "train / chrain" and pretty much any other word that begins with TR.

I was confused for a minute as to why you were posting this, then realized that this is the childhood misconceptions thread, not the root beer thread. Damn this got sidetracked.

Ok this iz crazy but... when I was little I had a dream that I went down the street to play. There was a bearcave and I must have played a little too close. I ran back down the street headed home as fast as I could with bears nipping at my heels. When I woke up I remember hearing the sound of my heartbeat heavy and fast. From that moment until I knew better, I thought it was the sound of bears running down the street. I got scared anytime I heard it. ~ Imagine my excitement when I found out what it really was.

I also thought the buttons on the dash of vehicls were for flight...when I asked my parents what they were for, thats what they told me. hmmm.

They were bears...they had to be. I was living just north of Santa Barbara and what animal is on the California state flag?

When I was little I would always dream about this squirrel that would attack me and it threatened to kill me. It was always the same thing.

If you know how to decipher them, they will never make sense but they will give you little messages. If your not too dumb and you can remember when the time comes.

When I was little I would always dream about this squirrel that would attack me and it threatened to kill me. It was always the same thing.

bigs.jpg

I had a dream the other night where I was in Maine visiting some guy I was sort-of-friends with in High School (he doesn't even live in Maine, by the way. No fucking idea why it was Maine). While I was there, it came over the news that Maine was going to be nuked by terrorists, so I got all jittery trying to get someone to give me simple, easy to remember driving instructions back to Pennsylvania. Finally, someone told me the easiest route (I-95, duh. Except it was called several other things in the dream). After some other brief hold-ups (forget what they were. Stuff blocking the road, etc), I finally got on the road. As I drove down the interstate leaving Maine, I glanced into my rear view to see the explosion. I didn't care all that much.

The dream continued, where it was pretty much the same thing in Dallas, except I cared more because I had no wheels.