Graspop '08

insidethefall

somewhere nowhere
Jan 26, 2003
pittsburgh, pa
Visit site
No, Katatonia wont be playing this fest, but I just wanted to know if anyone was going...I was thinking of going to Wacken but changed my mind to Graspop instead, since all the good bands from Wacken are going to be there plus several other great bands - the lineup is pretty amazing.

Has anyone been to the festival? I wont start asking questions until somebody, anybody replies

thanks
-Bill

Well... I'm from Belgium (where Graspop is), and I'm NOT going to Graspop, for the second year in a row.
Instead, I'm going to Hellfest in France, which is LOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADS better and much cheaper.
And most importantly, Katatonia DO play at Hellfest.
It was usually during the same weekend as Graspop, but now it's a week earlier, so real freaks can do both festivals :p

These are the bands confirmed so far (and I heard Megadeth and Venom are confirmed too)

hell-aff-web.jpg

yep...that's an impressive list of bands.

I think Wacken has lost all of its credabitly when it considered to put onemo bands like bullet for my valentine

I`ll be at Graspop this year. 4th year in a row. I think that there is another 15 bands to be announced so hopefully Katatonia will be there. Its probably the best lineup Graspop has had in years.Rotting Christ,Morbid Angel,Dying Fetus etc.

@Cerulean: I`ll be doing both, hellfest has a stunning lineup this year, although i`m worried about how long each band will get to play.

Katatonia will never play at Graspop, or Biebob. Mr Bob Schoenmakers who organizes Graspop and Biebob gigs is a fuckface and refuses to pay Katatonia the amount they want for playing live. And this comes from a reliable source.

seriously that hellfest.....i came....good lord......

lol at nofx being there.

eww at job for a cowboy, they blow goats :(

also, this has to be an early april fool's joke, this concert is way to fucking good(with a slight few exceptions) to be true).....

It really is... The best line up on any festival ever.
Only I wish Immortal would be there again, they were awesome last year.
And too bad Bloodbath announced Party San will be their only festival this summer.

Hmm I guess the hellfest lineup is slightly better in a way - but then again theres no maiden/priest Graspop still has opeth, mdb, priest, maiden, primordial, opeth, iced earth, testament, rotting christ, morbid angel, etc... that's not too shabby imo and as someone said theres more to be announced

i'm not sure what the difference in venues is, i've never been to a euro metal festival so this is like a dream come true, seems alot better than Wacken.

Let's open a Hellfest thread!!! I assume that more people will be going?
I really want to goooo :D It'll be my second festival EVER and probably one of the best too, yes I'm green as grass in the festival thing.
Just need to save money, which is quite a task for me as I am terrible and I mean REALLY BAD with anything involving numbers and anything remotely linked to "financial matters" :erk:

They said it'd be their only show in Germany, not their only festival.

"This show will be exclusive for Germany and currently the only show booked so far."
"Promoters interested in Bloodbath playing any other festivals? Contact the booking department."

Ahh, I don't remember where I read it, either the Hellfest forum or the Bloodbath forum. But ok, then there's still hope :)

i'm not sure what the difference in venues is, i've never been to a euro metal festival so this is like a dream come true, seems alot better than Wacken.

Hellfest is notoriously the worst organised festival in Europe. this year the organisers have promised to improve everything, but last years event was a complete shambles from, what I hear.

Graspop is a very well organised festival and a comfortable one. Although it is growing in size and last year was quite crowded.

If your coming all the way from the US, you should wait until Brutal Assault (www.brutalassault.cz) has completed its lineup.Last year had the best lineup i`ve ever seen for a festival.
And so far this year has Primordial,Carcass,behemoth,Kataklysm,Beheaded, Textures.

It's true that Hellfest could use some improvement on some points, but all in all it wasn't THAT bad, and it was a nice change after 6 years of Graspop (which keeps getting bigger and more "mainstream" in a way)

fuck@me not speaking any french.

Well... I'll just wait for the next opportunity to see so many great bands in one place.

It's bound to happen... like me winnin' lottery. or something.

For those planning on going to Wacken it has now officially SOLD OUT!

@Lisra: I dont speak a single word of French. You`ll be fine over there. A large amopunt of people attending will be from outside France, so dont let the language barrier stop you.