FESTIVALS 2006 thread!

Excess

Nov 7, 2005
Sweden
www.metaladdiction.net
OK, all the festivals are starting to announce band after band now so soon it's time do decide where to go this year. Where are you going/want to go/etc.? Everything that's related to festivals, discuss it here!

I know that there's some more festivalfreaks here, besides me ;)

I know I'm going to Sweden Rock and Wacken this far and 90% sure of Graspop too, they usually have a good line-up. Then I just have to see... depends on the bands and which ones I can afford.

I just read about some festival called Masters of Rock. Anyone been there? Is it good? I'd like some opinions about Metalcamp and With Full Force aswell.

My dream would come true with Wacken but it's almost impossible:(
But I'm gonna go to Sziget festival and maybe Summerrocks fest if they invite good bands.
My sister's been to Masters Of Rock festival twice and she liked it.
I wish I could go to (at least) that fest this year :wave:

Ah off course! Ragnarock. I just have to save up some money for that, it's fucking expensive.

I graduate 9/6 and Sweden Rock is 8-10/6. So I'll miss my graduation. But thats ok, ill just get a bottle of champagne with my friends at the camping instead. Good enough for me :)

Inferno's sold out right?

*deep sigh*
you people so lucky to live in Europe and US
you have the chance to see all the great stuff and festival

Hmmm...let's see.....european racing crew's festival season 06 will prolly look like that:

Winternoise, germany
Winternachtstraum, germany
Ragnarök, germany
Rock Hard, germany
maybe Earthshaker fest,germany
maybe With Full Force, germany
maybe Dong Open Air, germany
Wacken, germany
Summerbreeze, germany
Party-San, germany
maybe Tuska, finland
gav's fest, scotland
dunno bout the dutch festivals (graspop,dynamo,waldrock etc.) yet, do they have anything announced?

:loco: :headbang: :hotjump:

Wacken is a must this year. I'm also going to Rock im Park this year cause a bunch of friends that I won't see again next year are going so I want to hang with them for one last time... other then that nothing has been planed

Peti said:
My dream would come true with Wacken but it's almost impossible:(
But I'm gonna go to Sziget festival and maybe Summerrocks fest if they invite good bands.
My sister's been to Masters Of Rock festival twice and she liked it.
I wish I could go to (at least) that fest this year :wave:

why is it impossible for you to go to wacken? that should be a humans right

Missery said:
Hmmm...let's see.....european racing crew's festival season 06 will prolly look like that:

Winternoise, germany
Winternachtstraum, germany
Ragnarök, germany
Rock Hard, germany
maybe Earthshaker fest,germany
maybe With Full Force, germany
maybe Dong Open Air, germany
Wacken, germany
Summerbreeze, germany
Party-San, germany
maybe Tuska, finland
gav's fest, scotland
dunno bout the dutch festivals (graspop,dynamo,waldrock etc.) yet, do they have anything announced?

:loco: :headbang: :hotjump:

You lucky bastard. You have all those things in your country :/
The first three, Ive never heard of. What are they?

My plans looks like this, but might change:

Sweden Rock Festival,
Hultsfredsfstivalen,
Graspop Metal Meeting
With Full Force
Masters of Rock or Arvikafestivalen (swedish mix festival)
Metalcamp
Wacken Open Air
Ragnarock

And then there's this new metal festival in Sweden this summer, but it doesnt have a name yet.

winternoise is a small festival where rotten sound are playing, it takes place next saturday. winternachtstraum is also a small festival, many german underground bands play there. many of our friends+free beer = awesome :)

Excess said:
Eva dolly

I thought about Rock im Park or Rock am Ring but what's the difference between the two?

not much same bands, Setlist are the same except on diffrent days, diffrent location RiP is in Nurnberg and RaR is a little further out in the middle of no where XD. Not much diffrence RaR has a lager crowed then RiP.

Excess said:
Ah off course! Ragnarock. I just have to save up some money for that, it's fucking expensive.

I graduate 9/6 and Sweden Rock is 8-10/6. So I'll miss my graduation. But thats ok, ill just get a bottle of champagne with my friends at the camping instead. Good enough for me :)

Inferno's sold out right?

Aye, 3-day passes were sold out a couple of weeks ago, but I guess a few will be put out for sale when the line-up is revealed on the 3rd because they think it sucks and don't wanna go.

Ragnarock is too expensive for it's own good, so that one depends on cash and line-up.

Sweden Rock kicks any graduation's ass anyways :p