Graspop 2003

no. ill have all the emotional intellectual looking at me with tears in them eyes and telling me 'jeff buckley? isnt it that guy who wrote that song for katatonia?'

Originally posted by moody
saying that the singer of katatonia is good is deffo a joke. this guy obviously cant sing.

buy yourself a couple of ears my friend... or dont listen to discouraged ones again ... try 'last fair deal gone down' , you wont dare to say he cant sing after that... and indeed mikael from opeth is a good singer too. end of discussion.

Originally posted by Forlorn Hope
Vinny's voice is not that exceptional really when it comes to live stuff.

VInny's voice is out of tune 3/4 of the time when it comes to live stuff .... tho he's got a great voice on record.
Jonas from katatonia has got a very personal and great voice on records also but he sings much more in tune live compared to Vinny. ( tho he may sometimes be ALSO out of tune )
Danny sings better than Vinny ... sorry i'm not willing to start a war but that's my opinion ... and the one that sings anathema songs the best live is mister Mick Moss ... no offence to anyone

Originally posted by cedarbreed
VInny's voice is out of tune 3/4 of the time when it comes to live stuff .... tho he's got a great voice on record.
Jonas from katatonia has got a very personal and great voice on records also but he sings much more in tune live compared to Vinny. ( tho he may sometimes be ALSO out of tune )
Danny sings better than Vinny ... sorry i'm not willing to start a war but that's my opinion ... and the one that sings anathema songs the best live is mister Mick Moss ... no offence to anyone

I totally disagree. In the past Vinny's voice was bad on stage. But the last three times that I've seen them (since AFDTE) he has grown a whole lot and he does a very good job now in my opinion. Danny's voice is good too, but I wouldn't say better than Vinny's because they are two very different voices.

And mick's voice the best to sing Anathema songs... Well I don't really like it, but that has also got to do with his accent...

Originally posted by Judge gsz
I totally disagree. In the past Vinny's voice was bad on stage. But the last three times that I've seen them (since AFDTE) he has grown a whole lot and he does a very good job now in my opinion. Danny's voice is good too, but I wouldn't say better than Vinny's because they are two very different voices.

And mick's voice the best to sing Anathema songs... Well I don't really like it, but that has also got to do with his accent...

we havent seen the same shows for sure ... the last three times i saw anathema live , vinny's voice was worst each times. for A4 and judgement it was still ok but for AFTDE ... just listen to the Paris Elysee Montmartre bootleg if you can ... you'll see ... maybe he was in a bad day also ... but i've heard so many bootlegs where he sings outta tune ...

Originally posted by Judge gsz
Danny's voice is good too, but I wouldn't say better than Vinny's because they are two very different voices.

hmmm, would be very confusing if they had the same voice, wouldn't it?;)

...just kiddin'

okay, I say Iron Maiden comes!!!!!!!!!
Why?because the top of the bill will soon confirm. So the people of Graspop are certain that there isnt any other band that will be as high on the bandlist then the one that they will confirm soon! And since Metallica plays at Rock Werchter (Belgium, week before Graspop) we can be certain it will be Maiden! Haboe :hotjump:

Originally posted by Crack Hitler
I like the way he sings like he and his voice is about to break completely in a second. Works in theirs music.

Originally posted by pagan2002
from what i can tell the guy's got a style and i think the noise he makes with his vocal sounds godd.

jonas' voice is deffo one of the best i've ever heard

danny... those are in fact major influences to Jonas.
have you heard SLOWDIVE or SONGS:OHIA?

i am now recommending you check out the album
The Lioness... it will blow you away!!

Originally posted by alejandro
have you heard SLOWDIVE or SONGS:OHIA?

:worship: songs: ohia - didn't it rain

damn good album. molina's talented songwriter and has some incredible voice imo. very fond of 'ring the bell' and 'cross the road, molina' [masterpiece :zzz: ]

Originally posted by cedarbreed

and you have seen 3/4 of anathema gigs to judge that? i dont think so. hehe Jonas i like his voice, katatonia's music is dead repetetive though and predictable. last time i saw the lads vinny was alright from what i heard, problems on panic, but then again it was the first time playing it etc..maybe u guys should ask danny if vinny is out of tune alot in live occasions. maybe he is, maybe he isnt. i dont know. as mehdi said metal is all that matters anyway so need to argue.:D on that note i think bon jovi should sing for anathema :)

Katatonia's last one is ace! (last fair deal gone down) not boring like Discouraged Ones is. Maybe you want to give it a try in the recordshop? Tonights Decision is better then DO, but not as good as LFDGD.

About Vinny. Every singer has his day.
Remembering Comfortably Numb on Huntenpop. Bad singing. It was moaning in fact. but last 2 times he did an excellent job on this one, and Danny's voice fits perfectly on that cover!!!)
Vinny is a good singer. On record and on album.

Originally posted by oe
and you have seen 3/4 of anathema gigs to judge that? i dont think so

lol ! maybe not 3/4 of their shows but seen them 10 times or so since 96. I think vinny got worse ... it was easier to growl-sing ;)
ANYWAY METAL IS ALL THAT MATTERS ;)