Great band for Enchant fans

sccaldwell

Guitarist Wannabe
Hi all,

I browse the forum here pretty regularly, but I haven't posted in a long time (if ever??). I'd love to participate more both here and on the PPUSA forum, but just don't have the time.

However, I wanted to make time to let everyone here know about a GREAT band I recently discovered (courtesy of Ken Golden's glowing review at The Laser's Edge). The band is "Dead Air Radio" (not to be confused with ChromaKey's "Dead Air For Radio" CD). BTW, I'm not affiliated with the band in any way, shape, or form, but I really think Enchant fans (and the band) might like them a lot, so I wanted to share the discovery.

They're out of Nashville, TN, and their recent "Signal to Noise Ratio" CD is one of the best I've bought in 10 years. AWESOME songwriting, great musicianship/vocals, production is excellent, etc.

The reason I wanted to post about it here is that I'd call it somewhat "Enchant-like" in terms of style, meaning that while it has moments of heaviness, it's more "rock" than "metal," is very progressive, and while the musicianship is top-notch, the focus is more on quality songs than technical wankery. Honestly, I haven't been this blown away by a CD since I got "Break" (probably still my favorite Enchant disc overall).

Anyway, I HIGHLY recommend that you pick up this disc. It's their 2nd, and their debut "Strange Frequencies" is also quite good (I'd start with "S/N Ratio," though, as it's slightly better). The band's web site is at:

http://deadairradio.musiccitynetworks.com/

In the upper right corner of the site, there are buttons to skip through to hear a few different songs from the new CD ("Unbalanced" is my fave). You can order directly from their site (only $10), and The Laser's Edge (www.lasercd.com) also has it.

Anyone else here heard of "Dead Air Radio" and have any comments?

Later!

Craig

I bought "Strange Frequencies" when it came out. Played it again lately and was really surprised that I liked them better than in the beginning. Guess I gotta check the new one out.

Hi all,

I browse the forum here pretty regularly, but I haven't posted in a long time (if ever??). I'd love to participate more both here and on the PPUSA forum, but just don't have the time.

However, I wanted to make time to let everyone here know about a GREAT band I recently discovered (courtesy of Ken Golden's glowing review at The Laser's Edge). The band is "Dead Air Radio" (not to be confused with ChromaKey's "Dead Air For Radio" CD). BTW, I'm not affiliated with the band in any way, shape, or form, but I really think Enchant fans (and the band) might like them a lot, so I wanted to share the discovery.

They're out of Nashville, TN, and their recent "Signal to Noise Ratio" CD is one of the best I've bought in 10 years. AWESOME songwriting, great musicianship/vocals, production is excellent, etc.

The reason I wanted to post about it here is that I'd call it somewhat "Enchant-like" in terms of style, meaning that while it has moments of heaviness, it's more "rock" than "metal," is very progressive, and while the musicianship is top-notch, the focus is more on quality songs than technical wankery. Honestly, I haven't been this blown away by a CD since I got "Break" (probably still my favorite Enchant disc overall).

Anyway, I HIGHLY recommend that you pick up this disc. It's their 2nd, and their debut "Strange Frequencies" is also quite good (I'd start with "S/N Ratio," though, as it's slightly better). The band's web site is at:

http://deadairradio.musiccitynetworks.com/

In the upper right corner of the site, there are buttons to skip through to hear a few different songs from the new CD ("Unbalanced" is my fave). You can order directly from their site (only $10), and The Laser's Edge (www.lasercd.com) also has it.

Anyone else here heard of "Dead Air Radio" and have any comments?

Later!

Craig
not bad.. but they definitely sound a bit more metallish to my ears than Enchant does.

Well, I'm listening to the third song from the web-site and I gotta say I'm enjoying it... a LOT! Can you tell me if the CD version has the drums a little more in the mix? What I'm hearing so far sounds like the drums are too much in the background and running through a fuzzy filter of some kind.

Thanks for the recommendation... I'll have to buy it!

Well, I'm listening to the third song from the web-site and I gotta say I'm enjoying it... a LOT! Can you tell me if the CD version has the drums a little more in the mix? What I'm hearing so far sounds like the drums are too much in the background and running through a fuzzy filter of some kind.

Thanks for the recommendation... I'll have to buy it!

Might just be your speakers or something...the drums sound fine on the CD. Glad you're enjoying it! It's
a CD that totally took me by surprise, and completely blew my socks off, and even though it is a *little* more "metal" than Enchant (as someone else noticed), I still thought it was something that would really appeal to Enchant fans. Glad I was right! :)

Enjoy! :headbang:

Craig