Great gig in Eskisehir !!!

lordoflies

New Metal Member
Mar 16, 2008
Hello there, everyone !

My name is Tuna (a.k.a. Vincent McAlpine) and from Turkey. I'm an Iron Maiden fan for long and also an official one. I'd read about The Iron Maidens a time ago, as i was searching for Iron Maiden and i was really curious about them. When i heard about the 3 gigs in Turkey i decided to see at least one of them and made a plan. I chose Eskisehir. Because i thought it would be less-crowded and it would be a great chance to see them closer. And i drove an 11-hour-way to reach there.
Sorry this will be a long essay, but i want to tell some details of my first meeting of these hot and talented and also sympathetic girls. As i reached the hall, it was 20:00 local time and the guys on work told me that the band was rehearsing and making a sound-check, the gig would start at 21, and i could hang at the next-dorr pub, that was a "wine-house". As i had nowhere else to go, i headed to the wine-house, learning the horror that there would be a tango - night in there. I ordered a beer though thinking it a rude behaviour for a wine-house. The waiter spoke the words while serving: "I love Turkish music. For some time, Tango is acceptable. But this Iron Maiden... Bullshit..." :p Under this pressure, i qucikly drunk 3 beers, packed up and RAN TO THE HILLS.
It was hard waiting for the band. The DJ played some good old school songs of like Judas Priest, Megadetj, Metallica, Twisted Sister, Doro, Skid Row nad so... I poured some more beers in to the stomach and i was UP AND READY...
The band was there... All live and full of energy, played cool-familiar Iron Maiden melodies. The performance was great. They executed a true show. They waved the British and Turkish flags in The Trooper, Eddie performed some shows too... It made me think as i was in an Iron Maiden concert. The instruments were just ringing the correct tones, Bruce "Lee" Chickinson were striking the high notes and they all stroke me in the heart. The show ended so quickly. It was 2 or 3 minutes(Offcourse it wasn't... But it was soo great that my mind made me think so...)
After the show we ended up next to the desk that bought some goodies and found the chance to talk the girls. They were so kind, beautiful, talented, gorgeous, sweet(i can tell many more words here) as i was thinking they were rock-godesses while on stage. Thank you all... Thank you for making this great night into one of my best and most-remembered nights of my life...
So guys, i hope there is noone that haven't seen a gig of The Iron Maidens. If there is , please make yourself a ticket ASAP. It's one of my first aims to see another concert of them soon.
Cheers and ROCK ON...