New fan in New York..............

Well I'm definetly going to be there tomorrow, so see ya all then. I got Red shirts and Mels tapes done. My footage is somewhat dark too, I wonder if this is a problem with the digital cameras? Either that or the clubs aren't lit very good which is my guess.

Originally posted by Mike Heenan
Well I'm definetly going to be there tomorrow, so see ya all then. I got Red shirts and Mels tapes done. My footage is somewhat dark too, I wonder if this is a problem with the digital cameras? Either that or the clubs aren't lit very good which is my guess.

I have the same problem with my digital camera. Most of the footage I've gotten back recently has been pretty dark to unusuable... :( I figured it was the distance at which the shows were taped combined with the darkness of the club. Paladino's is usually pretty good tho.

Perhaps there's some way to open the aperature on the camera to allow more light to come in...? Just a thought. I know that you can do that with regular film cameras, but I'm not familiar with the digicams. :cry:

The problem is uneven lighting. It's not apparent with the naked eye because it adjusts for lighting on what ever it's looking at. Unlike a camera, it doesn't know, so it's programed to focus on "middle grey." What's happening is when your zoomed out the areas of the stage that are not well lit will appear too dark, but if you zoom in on that dark area (essentially taking out the well lit areas), the camera will then adjust for the darker lighting. Smylex is right that you can play with aperture, but then the well lit areas will be too bright. Make sense? Clear as mud, right? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Doodoobubbachuck
Break out the Nathan's and Bee-yas!!!! Yes, we definitely need to get out there!!!!! It would be awesome!! I have LOTS of relatives in NY! Where are the cool Rock clubs?

I live on Long Island and unfortunately don't get out to the city much, at least to see bands. But the I know some of the cool clubs are Continental, mercury lounge, bowery ballroom, irving plaza, lions den, cbgb, and don hills (which I hear has one night of the week where only female bands play!). My favorite places on Long Island to see music are The Downtown and Mulcahy's. They have a very nice setup. There are other places to go though (Village Pub, Napper Tandy's..... the list goes on).

So get out here already! Your New York fans are waiting!:hotjump:

I live in Charlotte, NC and think you might be appreciated here or Winston-Salem, NC. We don't get many metal shows here in Charlotte, anymore. Some band named Limp Bizkits lead singer is from around here and there are a lot of lame wanna be's. We need you ladies to come ignite the scene. Winston-Salem however, (not too far from here) I saw a Slayer show there last year and they were impressed with the response they got from the audience. Personally, I was impressed with the scene there (Ziggy's). I would be willing to drive as far as Atlanta. Maybe, I need to plan a trip to sunny SoCal.