Great non-album songs

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
What are some songs you love that were only B-Sides or were completely unreleased by their band and weren't on an album???

"Living Bad Dreams" by Judas Priest is absolutely brilliant and one of my favourite Priest songs. Not sure which album it was meant to be on, its a bonus track on the reissue of Painkiller though but it just says it was recorded in the band's "earlier days". Would've been a classic for sure!!! Brilliant song.

"Total Eclipse" is an obvious choice! At least it finally made it onto the reissue of The Number Of The Beast!

"Thin Disguise" by Warrant is a killer track but never made it onto Cherry Pie, it's the B-side of the single of the title track. It is on their '96 Best Of though as an unreleased track.

"Forever" by Skid Row.... I have no idea how that never made it onto their self titled album! Great song!!!

"Rock Star" by Poison was a great one-off track released on the net last year, but now it is on their new album anyway as a bonus track.

And also it's interesting that "Hide Your Heart", probably the best song on Hot In The Shade by Kiss, was meant to be on Crazy Nights but they left it off! It's better than at least half the songs on Crazy Nights so I don't understand the reasoning behind that, but I'm glad of it because it sounds better with the more raw sound of Hot In The Shade than it would've on the pop-metal sounding Crazy Nights.

"Humans Being" & "Respect The Wind" by Van Halen, which were on the Twister soundtrack..........but "Humans Being" was later released on the Best Of Vol. 1

dhjdd!:rolleyes:

KISS: Nowhere to Run (best song Paul ever wrote)

Iron Maiden: Total Eclipse

Brucey: The Ghost of Cain

The Beatles: Day Tripper/We Can Work it Out and Strawberry Fields Forever/Penny Lane (both double A-sided singles, at least in the UK)

The Who: The Seeker

Black Sabbath: Cloak and Dagger and What's The Use?

Queen: See What A Fool I've Been (1974 b-side)

Oasis: Whatever, Talk Tonight and Rocking Chair (actually, most of their b-sides are better than what ends up on the album!)

W

The b-sides from Dream Theater's "Falling Into Infinity" are great as well ("Speak to Me", "Cover My Eyes", etc). I've got a CD-R of all the demos and stuff somewhere, must look for it one of these days...

Originally posted by Spiff
It's on the Australian copy, the UK copy... most copies, actually, ever since it was released, as far as I know!
My copy is a UK version in a cardboard slip cover, and it doesn't have it.
I read somewhere ages ago that the reason he put that track on the American release was because the album cover had to be censored, and he wanted to make up for it. I guess a cartoon 'Edison' ripping his way through a guys stommach was too much for some people...

I have the Japanese version of TCW with 'Return of the King' on it. :)

Hmm. Now that I think about it, I think I ordered mine from CDnow, which would mean that I have the American version. Oh well, looks like I was mistaken! :)