Should've-been-classic Hidden Gems

Originally posted by The Trooper

The only song on that album I dont like is Fistful Of Diamonds.

It's not the best..

Jack Action is pretty cool. I think it's the only WASP song not to have been written by Blackie - excluding covers.
That riff seems to have been reused in Ozzy's 'Desire'.

You might not know this one its off Sabbaths " Technical Ecstasy " Album "all moving parts stand still " goes like this

Super animation , turning a nation
And they're sayinh all moving parts stand still
Since he was elected , adrenalin injected
Hear him say all moving parts should kill
just like the hero he's got them all on the run
yes hes won

Since he passed the motion
They're building in the ocean
And he 's saying all men should be free
What a combination, peace and radation
And he's saying free men should fight for me
Just like his momma he seems to get his pleasure from pain
And the rain ain't that strange very strange?
and so on blah blah blah....

Too me this is the best song on very dud Sabbath ALBUM which is still on of my favs .

May as well change this into a W.A.S.P/Slayer forum.
Nothing wrong with that, though...

Areana Of Pleasure off The Crimson Idol is a pearler. Rebel In The F.D.G off The Headless Children is also great.

Still, I could probably list all but about five tracks off the first five albums.

And why is it that on Slayer's Decade Of Aggression, every song off Seasons In The Abyss gets a go except Skeletons Of Society?? (And Temptation, but who's counting?). Man, that must be heavy live....

Originally posted by Joe Salami

And why is it that on Slayer's Decade Of Aggression, every song off Seasons In The Abyss gets a go except Skeletons Of Society?? (And Temptation, but who's counting?). Man, that must be heavy live....

Ive got a video of them playing it in Osaka, but they play it too fast (old habits die hard hahaha!) Still sounds cool though! :D

What about KISS - "I still love you" from Creatures - Paul has the most amazing voice!!!
He does an excellent version of this on their unplugged album.

Very good to sing along to when drunk ;)
(not that I have been doing much of that lately!!)

Originally posted by Morticia
What about KISS - "I still love you" from Creatures - Paul has the most amazing voice!!!
He does an excellent version of this on their unplugged album.

Very good to sing along to when drunk ;)
(not that I have been doing much of that lately!!)

They played a great version of that the other night...
See More Sydo Stufs thread.. :)

Originally posted by The Trooper
What songs do you think are hidden gems on their albums?

I don't just mean any good song that isn't a single or not played live.... I mean REALLY REALLY good songs as in almost best on the entire album, that is pretty much forgotten about and you never hear people even mention....

Here are some of mine:

WASP - Cries In The Night (off The Last Command)
I've never heard anybody mention this as a favourite WASP song or a track that they like... its my favourite off the album along with Wild Child!! It's brilliant!

AC/DC - What Do You Do For Money Honey (off Back In Black)
Okay, Back In Black was a classic album where every track was extremely strong... but this is one of the top tracks for sure... why was it not an AC/DC classic???? It's probably my 3rd favourite on the album.

That's all I can think of now :) Heheh.

i haven't listened to the last Command in ages...i only have it and the selftitled one on cassette...i must get these on CD!
I love everything from the first 2 WASP albums but have to admit that i haven't heard much after that(except the tracks on Double Live Assassins which i have on CD)

As most of you know, i am a big AC/DC fan and love this song.It is definitely the equal of anything else on the album.Of course,i usually listen to mostly Bon Scott stuff but rumour has it that a lot of the songs on Back in Black were written by Bon,Malcolm and Angus even though Brian gets the credit