Should've-been-classic Hidden Gems

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
What songs do you think are hidden gems on their albums?

I don't just mean any good song that isn't a single or not played live.... I mean REALLY REALLY good songs as in almost best on the entire album, that is pretty much forgotten about and you never hear people even mention....

Here are some of mine:

WASP - Cries In The Night (off The Last Command)
I've never heard anybody mention this as a favourite WASP song or a track that they like... its my favourite off the album along with Wild Child!! It's brilliant!

AC/DC - What Do You Do For Money Honey (off Back In Black)
Okay, Back In Black was a classic album where every track was extremely strong... but this is one of the top tracks for sure... why was it not an AC/DC classic???? It's probably my 3rd favourite on the album.

KISS - Radar For Love (off Asylum)
Awesome song!!!! Would've been a better single than Who Wants To Be Lonely and Uh! All Night, and unlike those 2, if it was a single it probably could've become a Kiss classic.

KISS - You Love Me To Hate You (off Hot In The Shade)
Hot In The Shade was the first Kiss studio album I bought when I got into them and this was my favourite song on it along with Hide Your Heart, and it's still my favourite on it. Brilliant stuff! Does anybody who doesnt have Hot In The Shade even know of it though? I doubt it.

Def Leppard - Comin' Under Fire (off Pyromania)
Alright, Pyromania is a classic album.... 8 out of the 10 tracks went on to become well known Lep classics. This was one of the 2 that didn't, yet it's possibly the best track on the album. Definitely up with Foolin', Stagefright and Rock Rock (my fave 3).

That's all I can think of now :) Heheh.

S.I.N. from No More Tears! Its so underrated, and it rocks!

Skeletons Of Society from Seasons In The Abyss, one of the best songs on one of Slayers best albums!

White Lightning from Adrenalize, one of Def Leppards best songs ever!

The entire album Slang by Def Leppard, its REALLY fantastically good, brilliant lyrics, and did I mention its good? Where Does Love Go When It Dies is probably the greates ballad of ALL time!

Ooooh yeah Overture is cool! Definitely a hidden gem amongst the Def Leppard catalogue that one.

I wouldn't call Skeletons a hidden gem, hehe... everyone loves that song!

Skid Row - Living On A Chain Gang? I never hear that get mentioned by anyone... it rules!

Originally posted by The Trooper

I wouldn't call Skeletons a hidden gem, hehe... everyone loves that song!

Skid Row - Living On A Chain Gang? I never hear that get mentioned by anyone... it rules!

I thought EVERYONE loved Livin on a chain gang :confused: :)

Point by Slayer!!!!!!!!!! OMG that song is SOO underrated!

Originally posted by phlogiston
Now, you're just going to go through ever Slayer song till you find one people agree with, aren't you Spawny.

Bitter Peace by Slayer!!!!! So underrated its criminal!

KISS: Nowhere to Run. The best song Paul ever wrote and it's only ever been on an import compilation (Killers) or released as a B-side. It should, nay MUST have been on Creatures of The Night.

Iron Maiden: Lightning Strikes Twice. I've always enjoyed Virtual XI a lot more than most people, particularly this track.

Iron Maiden: Prodigal Son. Why was this never played live? Why? WHY?

Iced Earth: Stand Alone. If ever I put Something Wicked on random play, I keep pushing the skip button till this one shows up.

Black Sabbath: The Eternal Idol. Yes the whole album, because it's that good. Great material throughout, with even better vocals from the best singer Sabbath ever had (Tony Martin)

Oh and Mark, in response to your new avatar, has anyone ever told you you're a smeeeeee huuuuuurrrrrr? :lol:

W

Pantera - Shedding skin MY Personal fav. 'Tera track...why does it not get the recognition it deserves

Pantera - The whole 'Power metal' album

Slayer - Tormentor (off show no mercy)...in fact the whole album !

ummm thats all i can think of atm

Pantera- 13 steps, and Floods from GSTK

Sepultura- Sepulnation..no infact everything done by Derrik because soooo many people slag him off 'cause he aint max..so fucking what!!!!!!!

bah crap i forgot the other one i was thinking of..dammit, bet i think of it when im at work tomorrow and forget about it again b4 i can get back online..stupid brain:loco:

DEJA VU!!!! The single that never was :headbang:

One of the most accessible tracks on SIT, probably because it was the shortest ;).

I also think The Propechy should have got more attention, if only for the twiddly acoustic bit at the end.

W

WASP - Cries In The Night (off The Last Command)
I've never heard anybody mention this as a favourite WASP song or a track that they like... its my favourite off the album along with Wild Child!! It's brilliant!

For Sure!! Last Command is full of overlooked gems. This is just one of them. MY favourite from the album is possibly the title track. Another great track (excluding the obvious Wildchild & Texas) is Ballcrusher! (see lyrics)

"Such a wicked, vicous woman,
Black magic voodoo queen.
Lesbo nympho-maniac..
Oooo She's got a girlfriends that seventeen"

"Stole the rent and drank all my JD,
she went and hijacked my brand new car.
I say AC, she says DC,
That damn bitch is just too bizzare"

"Such a wicked vicious woman,
the hellraiser finally pushed her luck.
Before I go and leave her in my dust,
I'm gonna F#@k her 'till she can't stand up!"

:lol: :lol:

and from The Last Command

"A thousand times I had this dream, the flag was high, I heard a scream
That cut through the still of the night just like a knife
But that was yesterday, the darkness has gone away
I stand on the edge, and I pledge my life"

:headbang: :headbang:

Originally posted by Sydo

"Such a wicked, vicous woman,
Black magic voodoo queen.
Lesbo nympho-maniac..
Oooo She's got a girlfriends that seventeen"

"Stole the rent and drank all my JD,
she went and hijacked my brand new car.
I say AC, she says DC,
That damn bitch is just too bizzare"

"Such a wicked vicious woman,
the hellraiser finally pushed her luck.
Before I go and leave her in my dust,
I'm gonna F#@k her 'till she can't stand up!"

Theres no WAY known to man im walking out of Utopia on Friday without that album :lol:

Running Wild In The Streets is another great track off that album!

hahaha Spawny you should its a great album... but get the self titled album as well! That's the BEST! Heheh.

I've got pictures of naked ladies, lyin' on their beds
I whiff that smell and a sweet convuslion starts swelling inside my head
I make an artificial lover for free, I start to howl in the heat
I'm on the prowl and the hunt drives me crazy...
I FUCK LIKE A BEAST!

And of course one of the ultimate metal anthems, "Hellion"...

The gods you worship are steel!
At the altar of rock n roll you kneel!
A slave who forever rocks
Is chained in the devil's locks
And slain by the bloody axe i wail! *Guitar scream*

One of the best metal albums EVER! :)

Running Wild In The Streets is another great track off that album!

Yes it is. Sex Drive is the only song I usually skip.

Yeah Sex Drive isnt great.... but the lyrics are cool! Hahaha...

"You've been thinking pink and you're losing sleep
That rush is almost all you can stand
You feel it getting hard and your crotch starts to throb"

Hahaha.

The only song on that album I dont like is Fistful Of Diamonds.