Great sounding recorded DI for match EQ template

Post the template without the chugs. Everybody has different palm muting technique so it's quite hard to match eq it.

Wow this sounds like something I really need to try. Is there any freeware to do this? Or with reaper? I use a 300 dollar ibanez for my guitar work and I'd like to try to improve the sound of it with this eq matching.

I also pitch shift it to make a bass sound. I know my process isn't good but I love to make music.
I am a noob so yeah this might sound like a dumb question. It seems like complicated stuff so I don't see their being freeware for it.

I have thought of this before but never got to actually trying this.
Going to give this a shot tonight :loco:

Interesting thread ill check out the clips and read when i get home. I did that once to a guitar i was supposed to reamp that didnt sound quite right. After doing that for some reason i stopped although tht might still br the next best thing when the DI doesnt sound right.

Question:
I have had some DIs that didnt reamp well not because of the guitar but the playing wasnt aggressive enough and i just couldnt fix it. Do you think that in a situation like that this could help since the way u play affects the freq response? Or is it more a question of dynamics? Mm.. What about eq match and a tiny bit of comp? I dont think this is recommended and id like to avoid that but i am not sure what to do when i have DIs like that

Question:
I have had some DIs that didnt reamp well not because of the guitar but the playing wasnt aggressive enough and i just couldnt fix it. Do you think that in a situation like that this could help since the way u play affects the freq response? Or is it more a question of dynamics? Mm.. What about eq match and a tiny bit of comp? I dont think this is recommended and id like to avoid that but i am not sure what to do when i have DIs like that

I have had good success putting a transient designer on a DI that needed more attack.