Greatest band EVER of the week:

IoftheStorm is wrong. I will usually let an argument drop, but in this case I will defend my precious thrash TO THE DEATH. :D They are bereft of thrash riffs (traditionally stacatto sixteenth or eight notes with certain notes emphasized by changing the tone); instead, they play tremolo chord progressions (e.g. "Trespass") and riffs that skip between the E and A string (according to a guy who explained what I was hearing to me in musical terms).

Lord Foul–I hear what you're saying about The Gathering, but that album has a lot of death metal influence (the chorus of "Riding the Snake," for instance), and that's what the Haunted are doing. Except they suck at it. :p

Pyrus said:
Sunlapse–I wouldn't hate the Haunted if A) people didn't call them thrash B) they didn't attempt to be thrash C) what they were didn't suck. It's melodeath, but played too fast for any melody. And calling Dolving a great vocalist is just a joke–mediocre hardcore shouting. If you want hardcore vocals, the singers from Shadows Fall and The Red Chord both have better voices.

I didn't quite mean to go off on you, but I have begun to loathe The Haunted and that makes me angry. People fellate them to no end despite their lack of any real originality, and act as if they're the saviors of thrash metal. Thrash needs no saving from the likes of these wankers.

Seriously, listen to Torture Squad (in my signature), you'll thank me later. ;)
Wow, this torture squad is pretty damn good...thanks man :)

They are bereft of thrash riffs (traditionally stacatto sixteenth or eight notes with certain notes emphasized by changing the tone); instead, they play tremolo chord progressions (e.g. "Trespass") and riffs that skip between the E and A string (according to a guy who explained what I was hearing to me in musical terms).
trying to explain how thrash is defined in technical terms
thats wrong
.. noone can say "this is more thrash than the other thrash"
there is such a huge variety in thrash bands , that i am sure that many dont have the things you mentioned (and sometimes ALMOST nothing in common)
the FIRST (because you mentioned a song out of the SECOND album) The Haunted album is pure thrash, the riffs are in the Slayer spirit , the rythm section is thrash, everything on it is thrash
Actually it defines thrash metal

IOfTheStorm said:
Reverend Bizzare eh ?
now these guys rule
SODOMA SUNRISE :worship:
"i am falling .. but it feels good"..
hehe, we bought it in GrigDim's shop :heh:

p.s.pictures soon to come. (buri-buri, I know.... haha)

IOfTheStorm said:
trying to explain how thrash is defined in technical terms
thats wrong
.. noone can say "this is more thrash than the other thrash"

Yes you can. Thrash is a specific genre of metal. There are certain things that define it, and the first one is a focus on guitar riffage and a certain style of riff. The prototypical thrash riff is Black Sabbath's "Into the Void," and other riffs draw from that. I wish I could argue this better, but my understanding of technical terms is very limited (sue me, I'm a drummer).

there is such a huge variety in thrash bands , that i am sure that many dont have the things you mentioned (and sometimes ALMOST nothing in common)

What thing I mentioned? I explained why the Haunted ARE NOT thrash. Which they are not. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, and tastes like a duck, then it's not a fucking apple, it's a duck.

the FIRST (because you mentioned a song out of the SECOND album) The Haunted album is pure thrash, the riffs are in the Slayer spirit , the rythm section is thrash, everything on it is thrash

Slayer hasn't been thrash since 1990. Hell, Show No Mercy is speed metal–those riffs are closer to 70s Judas Priest than anything else. And that album is, at best, thrash-influenced melodeath, like Dismember on melo-pussy drugs.

Actually it defines thrash metal

I'm going to shoot you.

so "Divine Intervention" is not thrash ....
that perhaps "justifies" why you dont consider the first Haunted album to be thrash but
And that album is, at best, thrash-influenced melodeath, like Dismember
try to find the common points between dismember and the haunted, and win a bush doll

well..this week, the greatest band ever in my opinion is probably...Machine Head ::dodges tomatoes thrown:: sorry, but their new cd isnt all that bad. im not gonna buy it but it is good...they changed their guitar style. anyway, Machine Head = Greatest Band Ever of the Week

DeadNFucknBrutal said:
well..this week, the greatest band ever in my opinion is probably...Machine Head ::dodges tomatoes thrown:: sorry, but their new cd isnt all that bad. im not gonna buy it but it is good...they changed their guitar style. anyway, Machine Head = Greatest Band Ever of the Week
damn i really really really hate that band....haha..especially after i saw that video where rob flynn raps :tickled: what a fool..