Greatest band EVER of the week:

Pyrus said:
The prototypical thrash riff is Black Sabbath's "Into the Void," and other riffs draw from that. I wish I could argue this better, but my understanding of technical terms is very limited (sue me, I'm a drummer).
Into the void is one hellacious riff man. But i think it has a more of a doom feel to it. It has the slow sludgy feel to it and it kicks ass...if you wanted to find a thrashy riff in a Sabbath song, i'd probably go with "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" Go listen to it, and you'll a lot of thrash bands have used similar riffs to this one.

The bridge riff? Yeah, that's definitely thrash, in a mid-tempo Sodom kinda way. I'm talking about the verse riff in Into the Void, though...DUNDUNdundundundunDUNdundundundunDUN, etc. It's total thrash metal, just slow.

DeadNFucknBrutal–Machine Head is fucking wretched chuggachugga tripe that should make Rob Flynn embarassed to be alive. Have you ever heard of Vio-Lence?

Pyrus said:
The bridge riff? Yeah, that's definitely thrash, in a mid-tempo Sodom kinda way. I'm talking about the verse riff in Into the Void, though...DUNDUNdundundundunDUNdundundundunDUN, etc. It's total thrash metal, just slow.

DeadNFucknBrutal–Machine Head is fucking wretched chuggachugga tripe that should make Rob Flynn embarassed to be alive. Have you ever heard of Vio-Lence?

Vio-Lence :kickass:

DiscipleofTruMetal said:
Into the void is one hellacious riff man. But i think it has a more of a doom feel to it. It has the slow sludgy feel to it and it kicks ass...if you wanted to find a thrashy riff in a Sabbath song, i'd probably go with "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" Go listen to it, and you'll a lot of thrash bands have used similar riffs to this one.

The first Thrash song was Children of The Grave in my opinion... but it's true that into the void is a thrash riff slowed down!

Pyrus said:
Hmmm...I guess I hear it; sounds vaguely like "The Four Horsemen." Same album as "Into the Void," though, so this quibbling is too petty even for ME.
well you were talking about individual songs, not albums. those two riffs are very diff...and into the void is on master of reality, and sabbath bloody sabbath is the title track of the album with the same name. not on the same album

Pyrus said:
It was right under Fred's post, and when I'm discussing a song that sounds like "Four Horsemen" and is on Master of Reality, it's pretty fucking obvious which one I'm replying too.

This thread is getting useless.
Don't get that tone of voice with me! or i'll...or i'll...uhhh.. Well i assumed you were talking to me cause i posted before larf, so i didn't think you would ignore my post like a rube.

*feels the urge to stick up for Machine Head*

Their new album is good if you liked the older stuff...

You smoke weed.

You like metal.

You don't like Black Sabbath.

wtf-toiletguitar.jpg