Greatest Black Metal

Wow, I was just about to download their other albums last night. I have those two albums on CD, but I never got around to listening to more of their stuff. I almost bought Odinist last time I bought a couple of CDs. Now I'm broke as shit, so much for that idea. How's their other stuff??

Odinist is a lame ass attempt at re-doing Work with elements of Ultima, don't even bother. You should definitively pick up Ultima Thulee and Memoria Vetusta, it's some of the best black metal the french scene has to offer. Mystical Beast is just an intermezzo between the earlier albums and the new style, not to mention it's pretty boring.

Sorry to bump this but I need to add my favorite BM album:
Fleurety - Min Tid Skal Komme

I've uploaded to whole album to YouTube so check it out.

Cool thanks. As soon as I get some moneys I'll throw that on the list. I doubt I'll not like it. It's not often I hear BM I don't like. But god when I do it's awful.

Immortal are funny and make good music. Weeeeeee.

I prefer older Blut Aus Nord but I still like Odinist. sryguys.

make sure you check out attack on god. their other two cds, satanogenisis and manifest, are good but they can't touch attack on god
Semargl are changing their 'wave' by the way. Becoming softer and 'not like you'd want them to sound' - trust me. Sad but true.
So... let's go back to listening to Dark Funeral.

It is useless to ask for generally good black metal because there are many metal sub-genres that overlap with black metal or that are found within black metal itself, and everyone has their own tastes. For example: symphonic, progressive, avant-guard, minimalist, aggressive, etc.. so you could ask for "avant-guard symphonic black metal" or "aggressive minimalist black metal", etc... if you prefer something more like death metal you could always ask for "blackened death metal" or "progressive blackened death metal" etc.

Shit does there exist a link on the internet that I could have referenced that concisely explains what I just said?

Buzum Self Titled is my favorite.

burzumas.jpg

ummm... Immortal is the best black metal band. They have lots of character, its not cheesy.
at the heart of winter isn't there best.