Extreme Metal?

I thought you'd like Mortuary Drape and Master's Hammer as they have a very old school sound. Did you not enjoy Root?

Have you tried the Greek black metal scene? A of the stuff has quite a bit of a heavy metal sound to it that I think you might like.

I'll just name the most popular 3 because you've been given quite a lot to get through.

Rotting Christ - Thy Mighty Contract (if you like it Non Serviam is also worthy)

Varathron - His Majesty at the Swamp (if you like it Walpurgisnacht is also worthy. In fact I may be in the minority that prefers it)

Necromantia - Scarlet Evil Witching Black (if you like it Crossing the Fiery Path is worthy and the Ancient Pride EP has a Manowar cover who I know you like)

Also, Lovecraft mentioned it but I'll second Poison - Into the Abyss incase you missed it. Some of the best 80s death/thrash with a very old school sound

@Phylactery

Root was cool too. I just didn't want to list every single band mentioned in the topic because there were so many. I'll check out those other bands in the near future.

I'm in the minority that thinks Barathrum V.I.T.R.I.O.L is (easily) their best. It's hard to go wrong with their first four, though. Not familiar with the more recent albums.

This:

I may be in the minority here, but I think Absu's best material is their more recent shit.

Barathrum V.I.T.R.I.O.L is blackened death metal and not very similar to the track I posted earlier in the thread. If you're going to start with one album go for Tara.

Tara seems to be their most popular album and King Diamond was a guest performer on it, so I will definitely listen to that one.

I'm probably going to check further into their earlier music too since it seems interesting so far.

I'm really liking the sound of Barathrum V.I.T.R.I.O.L. quite a bit. I think that I'll pick up that and Tara as my next album purchases.

Update on this thread:

I recently purchased the following albums:

Bolt Thrower - Realm of Chaos: Slaves of Darkness
Infernäl Majesty - None Shall Defy
Tormentor - Anno Domini
Zemial - In Monumentum
Mortuary Drape - Secret Sudaria
Congrats, those are brilliant albums, happy listening.

Update on this thread:

I recently purchased the following albums:

Bolt Thrower - Realm of Chaos: Slaves of Darkness
Infernäl Majesty - None Shall Defy
Tormentor - Anno Domini
Zemial - In Monumentum
Mortuary Drape - Secret Sudaria

Nice! For Mortuary Drape I do prefer the albums either side of that one, All the Witches Dance and Tolling 13 Knell.