GREATEST CAB DEALS EVER!!!

Metaltastic

Feb 20, 2005
OK dudes, I just returned from my local music store in my college town bringing very good tidings about their deals. They're a Framus dealer, but I guess they're realizing that not many people around here have that kind of money, so they're trying to clear out their cabs, a 2x12 in the color scheme of the Dragon (full closed back with V30's) and a Cobra slant 4x12 with the Greenbacks.

And now the best part...

$350 for the 2x12, $600 for the 4x12!!!!!!!!!!!

So I was thinking, if anyone wants these unbelievable deals, I'd be willing to buy the cab and ship it to you with $50 for my troubles. So in other words, the 2x12 would be $450 ($350 + $50 shipping + $50 for me), and the 4x12 would be $725 ($600 + $75 shipping + $50 for me). So the deals are still absolutely unbelievable.

And these are BRAND NEW!! I've already got my Bogner 2x12, so I don't need another, but if I had the money I'd love the Cobra cab for the Greenbacks, cuz not only is it cheaper (in this case) than the Marshall 4x12 with Greenbacks, but it also doesn't have any shitty particle board in it!

So the offer is definitely open to anyone in the continental US for the above prices, and if anyone overseas wants it, find out the shipping costs and we'll plan accordingly!

EDIT: And needless to say, I wouldn't expect these to last too long at those prices!

If I had the money I would be all over this. Although I think I would just drive out for it.

Haha, yeah, in your case, the drive to Oneonta would be feasible and I wouldn't have anything to gain, so I guess I'm glad you're poor! :heh:

And Felipe, I saw the thread, and unfortunately they don't have any Peavey stuff. Good hunting though!

Has anyone actually seen a Framus cab? I would NOT consider them high quality.

I know a dude who works for Framus on another forum and he said their cabs are made in China, which makes me scratch my head over their price here in the US.

Hmm, well I honestly never knew that - I assumed given the quality of their heads and the prices of their cabs that they were pretty damn good, and according to Rocksolidamps.com, the cobra cab is solid poplar, which is of course a nice wood (and more importantly, not particle board, unlike parts of Marshall cabs). So thanks for the heads up dudes - but your timing could've been better (like after somebody got in on this still amazing deal)

^haha, sorry dude, I just saw this.

Also, though, from a construction standpoint, I've never been real impressed with Framus to begin with. Tone is a completely different matter, but when I checked out the Cobra and Dragon back when my band was offered a deal through them, I couldn't justify the cost in terms of construction...The thing just looked and felt cheap, IMO. And, the silkscreening on the front panel of the Cobra would flake off and rub off if you looked at it wrong.

I've always heard that Framus was like the Peavey of Germany...In my limited experience in terms of discerning build quality, I'd say that's a slam on US made Peaveys, lol.

Well I'll give this one more bump, cuz despite Nwright's experiences, the Cobra cab looked great to me when I saw it, and between the wood and the speakers, I would buy it in a hot second if I had the money. As for the 2x12, I guess that one might not be as good, but it's still a closed back with V30's for cheaper than an Avatar, and it looked good to me...