Greatest Rock Bands Of All Time?

So I gather you'll be giving GMD a wide berth from now on eh? For the record I don't think you should have been banned.

Oh I know, some can dish it but dont want to eat. Apparently if a member of the clic gets on your case you are suppose to bow down and become compliant and agree. I had let that subject go until those two started up with their lip service again. I said nothing to them that was not said by them first. Frankly I just wanted to get to the bottom of it but as you referenced many times they were evasive to giving any explainations.

I guess the problem was I was having too much fun rather than shrinking into the corner as they expect everyone to do.

But thanks, we were not the only two there that questioned them and found them amusing. Bannage is the only answer for wankers that cant take it anymore. As you know from other heated battles that in PM's I have always opposed banning and stood my ground for PAGES without even filing a complaint but became "the bad guy" because others did first.

Oh well, Im abrasive and know it, I can be fair as well, what evers called for, no statis quo gumby here
--------------------------------------------------------------

On topic... does that episode make me the greatest "rock" "banned" ? :headbang:

:p

lol, maybe the greatest old rocker banned :p

And yeah, I totally agree re. the giving it but unable to take it.

well you saw the poll results for the sensus thread about age, work and place of residence, lots of qualifications involved there and one should know better than to go up against such qualifactions... I was SO slayed, "oh... ouch dat huwrt"

If you really wanted to improve the forums in general, JG would be required to make a daily statement.

Lmao are you serious? Is it because of the ridiculously somewhat stupid posts with grammatical errors I made half-assed?

And btw I'm sick of arguing about the Beatles here for now on. I realize its like bullshitting about politics.

i'm not reading 9 pages but if no one mentioned them i'd like to throw cheap trick's name out there for best rock band ever

i'm not reading 9 pages but if no one mentioned them i'd like to throw cheap trick's name out there for best rock band ever

Its only so much to skim through because some people have billboard sigs.... :lol: at least their not "posers". :lol:

Cheap Trick that good of a band ? I remember a few songs, never figured them for more than a top 40 FM band. Do you have a good vid ?

I think I'd take The Cars over Cheap Trick but they werent a rock band... they were New Wave....... :p

Its only so much to skim through because some people have billboard sigs.... :lol: at least their not "posers". :lol:

Cheap Trick that good of a band ? I remember a few songs, never figured them for more than a top 40 FM band. Do you have a good vid ?

I think I'd take The Cars over Cheap Trick but they werent a rock band... they were New Wave....... :p

yeah here is just scratching the surface of rockin cheap trick tunes:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkD1pbhpDtQ&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Lmao are you serious? Is it because of the ridiculously somewhat stupid posts with grammatical errors I made half-assed?

And btw I'm sick of arguing about the Beatles here for now on. I realize its like bullshitting about politics.

backpedal.jpg

GOt your note Matt, yeah what must be their earlier stuff there is more like hard rock n roll, somewhere between The Stones and T.Rex or Mott the Hoople. I like that fourth song which must be later in the 80's ?

I could look it up but for the sake of conversation what were their radio songs and what era was their peak popularity in that regard. I just cant remember if they were late 70's with The Cars and Police or what. I had been thinking they were more on the new wave train...

GOt your note Matt, yeah what must be their earlier stuff there is more like hard rock n roll, somewhere between The Stones and T.Rex or Mott the Hoople. I like that fourth song which must be later in the 80's ?

I could look it up but for the sake of conversation what were their radio songs and what era was their peak popularity in that regard. I just cant remember if they were late 70's with The Cars and Police or what. I had been thinking they were more on the new wave train...

the 4th song is actually from the 90's. they peaked in popularity from about 1978-1980 and then had a brief comeback in the very late 80's and then almost had a comeback in the late 90's but the record company they were on went belly up and killed the album and single.

their popluar songs are:
surrender
i want you to want me
dream police
voices
if you want my love
the flame
don't be cruel
ghost town
can't stop falling into love

plus of course they did the THAT 70'S SHOW theme song after the first season

they were a rock n roll band of the beatles influence they also played heavier stuff. they started out really raw but when they became famous the record company started trying to force a hit by bringing in outside writers and getting whatever record producer was hot at the time to come in and make the band sound a certain way. by the late 80's it finally worked and gave the band their only number 1 hit with "the flame" but that song and most of that album are written by outside writers and is missing almost every element that made cheap trick great. from 1994-now they've basically been on their own label (except 1994 and 1997) and have had a string of great albums.

here is some newer stuff:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvTbIlRmyVw&feature=related[/ame]

here is some more earlier stuff:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D21mxgGRhY&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K2I5-g5L9U&feature=related[/ame]

here they are playing with john lennon and bassist tony levin. this is a 1990's video for a demo of the time they were in the studio with lennon during the DOUBLE FANTASY album. lennon really liked them but they had a falling out with yoko:

here is their number 1 hit:

Wow, Matt your a big fan. I want you to want me and Dream Police are the two I remember. I see what you mean about the Beatles style of RnR I failed to pinpoint it. I guess none of my friends ever had any Cheap Trick because I dont recall hearing any outside of the radio. I remember this "The Flame" too and maybe that Lennon song, abit confused there.

Wow, Matt your a big fan. I want you to want me and Dream Police are the two I remember. I see what you mean about the Beatles style of RnR I failed to pinpoint it. I guess none of my friends ever had any Cheap Trick because I dont recall hearing any outside of the radio. I remember this "The Flame" too and maybe that Lennon song, abit confused there.

yeah big fan. when lennon was doing the DOUBLE FANTTASY album the producer was legendary jack douglas who had worked with aerosmith, miles davis, mountain, the who and many others. douglas produced the 1977 self titled cheap trick album and when lennon requested some rock n roll musicians douglas brought them in. they recorded 1 track and then yoko and john disagreed about the direction of using a rock band so studio musicians were brought it to finish the album including legendary bass player tony levin. finally in the late 90's the cheap trick version was released on the lennon boxset and cheap trick and tony levin made their own video for it

we'll just chalk that up to "cant... understand... normal... thinking". Yoko seemed to have other interferences, quite a singer too...