Greatest Voice In Metal?

Crimson Glory's uptempo jazz influenced songs are incredible, Eternal World is my personal favorite, killer voice.

Hi everybody, long time reader, first post.

For me, the greatest voice is the one of Matthew Barlow (ex Iced Earth). Its range is impressive and his voice is powerful at every tone with an impression of easiness.
Furthermore, he's able to keep this vocal qualities in live performance, which is not the case of every singer (listen to the Alive in Athens album).
Iced Earth recorded numerous covers and IMHO, they all surpass the original ones.

But, that's all a matter of taste...

No-one mentions Jonny Lindqvist of Nocturnal Rites. One of the greatest voices I've ever heard.

My favourites:
Jonny Lindqvist
Harry Conklin
Dio
Bruce Dickinson
Jorn Lande
Matt Barlow
Geoff Tate
Charles Rytkönen

I'm also a dorky DC Cooper fangirl. Yes, I realize he's much prettier than I am, but he sings his ass off. :lol:

~C[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I totally agree, and lots of people have the same opinion: take a look at this customer review of his work with the Italian band Steel Seal, for instance.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000O590LQ/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_summary/105-0517646-7882864?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending[/ame]

Rock on! :kickass:

Got to put John Arch up there. Not just because he is a friend and neighbor but because Fates Warning was a bright light back when there was not a lot of good Metal bands out there (aside from Priest & Maiden)

Along w/ Jag Panzer was Liege Lord for the best of non-mainstream Metal

Harry certainly ranks up there w/ Dio, Halford and Dickenson

As for Manowar, Battle Hymns offered a few songs that will forever be classics: Battle Hymns and Dark Avenger

I used to be a HUGE Queensryche fan but saw them recently opening for Heaven & Hell and sadly, it was very disappointing

In fact, Alice Cooper stole the show... Dio did not even come out for an encore. It's impossible to follow and act like Alice Cooper :OMG:

I also like Saxon back in the day :headbang:

Got to put John Arch up there. Not just because he is a friend and neighbor but because Fates Warning was a bright light back when there was not a lot of good Metal bands out there (aside from Priest & Maiden)

As John is a friend and neighbour of you, do you know if he has any plans to make new music? :D

As John is a friend and neighbour of you, do you know if he has any plans to make new music? :D

Not as far as I know, he has not mentioned anything in the works other then buying a new acoustic guitar to mess around with. John is into serious competition mountain biking now and that takes up a lot of his time. The last thing he did was a 2 song ep which is well worth checking out

He is a family man and the lessons learned from Fates Warning put a new perspective in his life as to what is really tangible and important in that life

Not as far as I know, he has not mentioned anything in the works other then buying a new acoustic guitar to mess around with. John is into serious competition mountain biking now and that takes up a lot of his time. The last thing he did was a 2 song ep which is well worth checking out

He is a family man and the lessons learned from Fates Warning put a new perspective in his life as to what is really tangible and important in that life

Damn, John Arch is one of my favorite singers of all time! It must be so cool living next door to him!

Thanks for the info, Dean ML Tribute. :)

Of course I have John's 2 song EP from the day it was released at 2003. Very good piece of music and gave me a hope of a total return. But as you say... Perhaps it's better for him to save his myth, as now has other properties.

a couple of my favorite without being redundant

King Diamond
Nils K. Rue (pagan's Mind, Eidolon)
Messiah Marcolin (Candlemass, Menento Mori)
Thomas Lundin (Hexenhaus)
Harry Conklin (JP)
Kristian "Krille" Andre'n (Tad Morose, Fifth Reason, Memento Mori)
Mikael Alkerfeldt (Opeth)

I went to Keep-It-True this weekend and saw Titan Force on friday and Jag Panzer on saterday and I know for sure Harry "The Tyrant" Conclin has without a doubt the best metalvoice in the world. Unbelievable what this man can do, what a range, what a melody, what power. Jag Panzer played 2 hours and there where no mistakes. I've seen a lot of concerts including Manowar, Priest, Dio and all the other bands you talk about. But in my opinion (MY opinion) Harry Conclin is number 1.
Greetings Dave.