Greek fans traveling to Barcelona request The Odyssey live!!!!

Jan 1, 2006
greece(wasteland)
We' re 3 HUGE fans travelling to barcelona just to see SymX!!! We saw some setlists on the net and we think the Guys MUST play the odyssey in that show... Whoever is attending: Please make that MASSIVE!!!

Just FYI, if this is still the tour where they're opening for DT, it probably won't happen. From other reports I've seen they only get to play a half hour, so that would mean they only play the odyssey, which would be absolutely silly from the standpoint of promoting the new album.

:erk:

They have played in Frankfurt on Monday and they have played for about 50-60 minutes, which was as expected - It was really great, especially since they surprised me and played "The Walls of Babylon" in addition to most of the regular set, with the choir parts sounding great with Romeo and Lepond (and maybe even Pinella - couldn't see him at that time, plus probably a little fill in) doing the background voices, which sounded great!

The only thing they didn't deserve was the bad sound mix, which was often too loud, so that you couldn't discern any real melody - especially the keyboard was not audible most of the time (even during the keyboard solos, where the soundman would only increase the keyboard sound during the mid to end part of the solo, which made it sound a little strange and incomplete!!). But that's probably a common problem, when you are only the supporting act, but I don't think that any non-fans got much out of the first few songs, where most was basically a lot of noise... I really hope they get to do a Live DVD with all the stuff that they deserve.

Other than that they did a good job (as far as one could hear ;) ) and especially Russel delivered every bit (Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiies!!!! ;) ), but I wouldn't get my hopes up for Odyssey, if I were you.

Hey guys,

I've been to Rotterdam (DT and SymX) yesterday, and yes..... they've played The Odyssey live!!!
But as you already said, the volume was way too loud, so some bits and pieces were hardly recognizable...shame, but I'm very happy with what they played. Let's see:

Oculus Ex Inferni
Set the world on fire
Domination
Serpents Kiss
The Odyssey

I think that's all....... great!

EJ

Just FYI, if this is still the tour where they're opening for DT, it probably won't happen. From other reports I've seen they only get to play a half hour, so that would mean they only play the odyssey, which would be absolutely silly from the standpoint of promoting the new album.

:erk:

I want to request Symphony X to not to open for DT. Why should Symphony X open for DT? That doesn't suit them. Dt should open for Symphony X. and i m sure they will kick DT's fuckin ass. and in the question of quality!!!! huhh. i think Symphony X is even more qualitative than DT. so that question really sucks. plllllllllsssssss Symphony X, dont open for DT. it makes pain for me and all other Symphony X hardcore fans i guess.

Alright, edited to delete dickhead comments that I made early in the morning... i really should wait to turn my computer on until I wake up :lol:

Basically what i was meaning to say in response to Masqueraded's post is that it's just a fucking unfortunate reality that from a business standpoint, promoters will always put DT higher on the bill, if only for name recognition. They'll draw more fans every time, but of course that doesn't make them the better band. I can't wait to see the day that SymX has that kind of pull and can headline every tour they do.

So.... petrucci vs romeo anyone? :lol:

So.... petrucci vs romeo anyone? :lol:

Stupid question. Petrucci can only play something like 4 million notes/second.

Romeo's topspeed is approximately 4,539786472 million notes/second although he doesn't play with that speed very often, because... Yes, you guessed right:
People die.

This proves without a doubt, that Romeo is simply better.

Stupid question. Petrucci can only play something like 4 million notes/second.

Romeo's topspeed is approximately 4,539786472 million notes/second although he doesn't play with that speed very often, because... Yes, you guessed right:
People die.

This proves without a doubt, that Romeo is simply better.

100% agreed with you bud:headbang: