Gigantour Setlist Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
The song that got me into Symphony X?

Well, actually I bought V before I'd heard a single song, but Prelude/Evolution blew my mind.

So my first song would be Evolution!

The second I think would be Inferno, cause it's an awesome song, and would be a great set opener. I'd love to see it live.

Dragon's Den has the right sort of groove and energy for a Gigantour crowd, despite it's cheesy title. The bridge section before the solo would kick ass if the 3 Michaels nail it. Would be nice if someone could do the rhythm guitar behind it too.

Julz said:
Dragon's Den has the right sort of groove and energy for a Gigantour crowd, despite it's cheesy title. The bridge section before the solo would kick ass if the 3 Michaels nail it. Would be nice if someone could do the rhythm guitar behind it too.

they could have jeff loomis or someone fill in on rhythm. dave mustaine. hahaha

Jax said:
Because we asked for one or two songs..so most folks are responding with one or two songs. Read the original post. ;)

Jax,

I know you asked for 1or 2 songs. My statement was that most people are replying with 2 songs as their "2nd choice". For example they'll write:

1) Sea of Lies
2) Accolade II, The Edge of Forever.

The 2nd choice was 2 songs in itself. That's what I'm referring to. Just about every post on here so far has this format. It's humorous! :)

scanner313 said:
Jax,

I know you asked for 1or 2 songs. My statement was that most people are replying with 2 songs as their "2nd choice". For example they'll write:

1) Sea of Lies
2) Accolade II, The Edge of Forever.

The 2nd choice was 2 songs in itself. That's what I'm referring to. Just about every post on here so far has this format. It's humorous! :)

Okay let's try this again.

Question 1 was 'what song got you into SymX?', and people have responded with one song, in most instances.

Question 2 was 'what 1 or 2 songs are 'must haves' in a tour setlist?', and people have responded with 2 songs, in most instances.

Hence responses like the one you listed.

How is answering the questions as they were posed humorous? *headscratch*

Jax said:
Okay let's try this again.

Question 1 was 'what song got you into SymX?', and people have responded with one song, in most instances.

Question 2 was 'what 1 or 2 songs are 'must haves' in a tour setlist?', and people have responded with 2 songs, in most instances.

OK, you got me. I forgot about your original question of what song got you into SyX. Sorry for the confusion. I think my lack of sleep as of late is starting to catch up with me.

Thanks for the clarification. :)

1) Candlelight Fantasia

DWOT was actually the first metal album I ever listened to, so this was naturally the song that broke me in. My tastes have changed a little since then...

2) King of Terrors
3) Rediscovery

The fact that the performance of V on Live At The Edge Of Forever stops right before my favourite part of the ablum (the last few tracks and especially Rediscovery) has burdened me for a long time. My spirit must have peace at last!

And King of Terrors is just a brilliant piece of work, down to the very last detail.

scanner313 said:
OK, you got me. I forgot about your original question of what song got you into SyX. Sorry for the confusion. I think my lack of sleep as of late is starting to catch up with me.

Thanks for the clarification. :)

LOL I can identify, I was painting my kitchen at 2:15 this morning cuz I couldn't sleep..hehe
hypnotized.gif

1. Sins and Shadows was the deal-maker.

2. Awakenings!!!

...not that the tour is coming anywhere near me to hear it if they DID play it.

1) Masquerade '98.

2) Masquerade '98 and Church of the Machine. I really love those songs. And it would be cool if they recorded Masquerade on the live DVD.

I'd kill for that.

Well my first SyX song is of course what got me into them and is still one of my favs like a lot of folks here, it's definately Evolution!

I think Evolution is a good song to play as it tends to be a song that a lot of ppl here got into the band from. I think that song, and even the whole V album for the most part has that sorta thrashy guitar and drum work going for it that a lot of people going to this festival may take notice of.

As a second song I would say The Edge of Forever. Why? I just like it and have a pet peeve to balance things out so I picked a slower song hehe. But it is still one of my favs too!

1. Of sins and shadows. (made me open my eyes "wow" - my tongue riched the floor..)

2. Fallen
The relic

have a great time guys!!
Adi; Israel.

- Egypt

-Egypt, Awakenings

But I won't be able to go to the Gigantour, so my voice may not count, but pleeaase let me imagine that I will go!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.