Gigantour Setlist Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only accepetable set list would consist of their best songs right?? Well I represent about 25 Symphony fans and we have been let down tour after tour because THE EDEGE OF FOREVER has never been played(unless you went to PP2). This should be a Staple.
PLAY THE EDEGE OF FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

The song that got me into SX was The Odyssey. However, since that's obviously not a setlist option, Awakenings also played a big part in hooking me.

Candlelight Fantasia
Frontiers (I'm serious)

Pharoah said:
I'm choosing these 2 because they will be playing for a hardcore metal crowd, many who never heard them before...but not my personal requests!

Well they want to win new fans AND make the old fans happy..so what are YOUR requests?

I remember hearing the song "Fallen" and saying, "Hey, this band is pretty good, their guitarist is dope!", and then going and downloading a bunch of songs. So I guess you could say that was the song that got me hooked. ut I think it was deffinitely "The Odyssey" that sealed the deal and made me buy all the CD's.

I think I'm headed out to Toronto to see the last show of Gigantour and it better be a DAMN good one. So I'd like to hear at least one of these:
- The Turning (I can't resist the sweeping part in that song)
- Inferno
- Accolade II
- Of Sins and Shadows

thomasteven said:
I remember hearing the song "Fallen" and saying, "Hey, this band is pretty good, their guitarist is dope!", and then going and downloading a bunch of songs. So I guess you could say that was the song that got me hooked. ut I think it was deffinitely "The Odyssey" that sealed the deal and made me buy all the CDs.

Fallen was also my first song, followed by Evolution and the rest of V.

1: "Smoke and Mirrors".

2: "Church of the Machine", "The Communion and the Oracle", "Egypt". Yeah I know, that's three songs. Any one or two of them would be awesome.

Gigantour is not coming to Minneapolis :confused: so I will be road-trippin' down to Milwaukee on August 13th. Can't wait! :)

I'd like to change my request. I know I love hearing the bird-serpent war and on the breath of poseidon, but it seems as if it's already been played plenty of times so...

for #2 I'd love to hear:

A Winter's Dream Part I
A Winter's Dream Part II

1. A fool's Paradise...this song really made listen to them alot more. Alhtough it was the second song I heard by them

2. The Edge of Forever-since I basially think this is one of the greatest songs ever...and as someonle said about another song...I have to hear this live before I die. Of Sins and Shadows-it's a classic

I would love for them to play something new they dont often or havnt played live

Anything off of the Damnation game and anything from the later part of V (Absence of Light and on, specifically id love Rediscovery II but they probly wouldnt have time on this tour, maybe for the next headline tour though...)

Oh yea... the first symphony x song I ever heard was In the Dragons Den, I was a fan right away

Sea of Lies is what really got me into symphony x. When i first saw the tab for the tapping section, i was totally blown away because i had never seen anything like that before. i was only listening to metallica and other similar bands. so i think they might win over a lot of metallica/megadeth type fans with the awesome solos in sea of lies.

Must haves are Awakenings and Rediscovery Parts One and Two because they are both awesome but especially because i've never seen these songs live. Evolution is cool, but i've seen it twice already.

1. Church Of The Machine and actually the whole TiO album

2. For metalheads: Inferno

For progheads: Church Of The Machine or Edge Of Forever
For me: Both :headbang:

1. I think Sea of Lies got me hooked on Symphony X, crazy Micahel Romeo and his crazy solos
2. Sea of Lies and The Edge of Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.