Gigantour Oz!!!

Doomsday, Anthrax may be a good band, but Dream Theater isn't "gay". For one, many of the band members are married, so I guess that would ward off your homosexual claim. Dream Theater's music is some of the most intelligently put together music out of all Progressive Rock. I'm sorry you don't think their music has "balls", you must not have listened to their album "Train of Thought". Their music has alot of emotion and power in it, something simple minded headbanging and thrashing can not accomplish.

Setsu said:
Their music has alot of emotion and power in it, something simple minded headbanging and thrashing can not accomplish.
You were doing so well up until that comment.

DoomsdayZach said:
No, dream theater is fuckin' gay. Dude, they are the worst band on the planet. At least anthrax has some songs with balls.
I wouldn't call Dream Theater the worst band on the planet, they are great musos. There music can get a bit tedious but I enjoy it still. But the guy accused anthrax of being gay. So I understand your outburst. Anthrax is much more exciting.

I think you guys are taking him too seriously :lol:. There is one think i've learnt over the past few years, and that is that when people call dream theater gay they either mean Labrie's voice is gay OR they are joking. The latter being the one more commonly used I would say. NB: I love labrie's voice btw, but its just too soft for some of their songs.

*looks around* i'm sorry, did i step into the Opeth forum on accident??

:lol: Just another reason why i love this forum. Always get a hillarious reaction. Seriously, you guys should just have cro4eva argue for you... at lest he makes an intelligent point :p

Setsu, thrash is not "simple minded" i'll thank you. Just because it's somewhat accessable and aggressive doesn't make it a less valid form of music. And when everyone decides to start washing the sand out of their vagina's, remember Warblade made the first comment. Thank you, goodnight.

War_Blade said:
Dude, dream theater is actual music. Anthrax is just stupid ass noise.

I wouldn't call Anthrax just "stupid ass noise," but Dream Theater certainly has more musical value to my ears. I lost interest in Anthrax when John Bush left. That man has an awesome voice.

DoomsdayZach said:
*looks around* i'm sorry, did i step into the Opeth forum on accident??

:lol: Just another reason why i love this forum. Always get a hillarious reaction. Seriously, you guys should just have cro4eva argue for you... at lest he makes an intelligent point :p

Setsu, thrash is not "simple minded" i'll thank you. Just because it's somewhat accessable and aggressive doesn't make it a less valid form of music. And when everyone decides to start washing the sand out of their vagina's, remember Warblade made the first comment. Thank you, goodnight.

no you made the first comment when you said "fucking dream theater."

I have nothing agains't thrash. I love megadeth and alot of other thrash bands. I just think that anthrax is just really boring.

Sorry I tend to like music that's a little more stimulating to the mind. I generally like Dream Theater's music because it usually has a story or them to it. It seems really well thought out and I tend to sway away from most thrash. My point is that it's funny the only type of insult you could use, or your first choice anyways, was it was "gay". You here that so often today it's ridiculous. Explain your reasons for disliking a band or type of music, don't generalize and call it gay, which in the first place shouldn't be used as an insult.

Once again setsu, go look at what your dream theater lovin' buddy Warblade said. It's interesting that the only type of insult a prog fan could use, or their first choice anyways, was "gay". And that was before me. Mine was in response.

Ok warblade, if you really take that as a huge attack, that's fine. I'm not gonna argue with you guys. Wtf, you guys are the prog fans, you're supposed to say something ridiculous like "I'm too intelligent to argue with this neanderthal." have fun guys.

Lets not let this one get out of hand.

In Conclusion:
DT lovers will argue the complexity issue. Anthrax lovers will argue the..... lol, um... oh crap!!!

Nah I like anthrax sometimes cos some of their riffs are pretty catchy. Thats about it. Different sound for a different mood.

I never said I approve of what WarBlade has ever said. I don't know him and he isn't my "buddy". Nice job coming to conclusions like those.

Everyone has their own opinions when it comes to musical genres and bands they like so this is pointless.

I'm not only a Prog fan by the way. I listen to alot of different kinds of music, including Thrash.