Gigantour

OMG, Megadeth....Nev..ermore....Dream...th....*goes into metal shit fit*...............
................................................................................................................
*regains controll of spasming and shaking* DOODS! Quit your bitching man. "I want a headline tour..." or "Dream theater puts me to sleep" or "I'm a whiny little bitch." Comon doods, Fucking guitar solos. Fucking Megadeth. I thought they were never gonna tour again so a younger guy such as myself would never be able to see em live. Nevermore will be great, they will get exposure. Dillinger will be their to play great riffs for like 4 seconds at a time. It will be fun. 35 dollars is a fair price considering the unposeresque lineup... Fuck man...enemies of reality will start a holy war and pull me under....I .... *restarts metal shit fit*

Lol. I'm fans of all these bands. So I'm actually looking forward to this tour. As much as I want to see Nevermore Headline, I'll take what I can get for now. I also want to see Dream Theater Headline, and Megadeth Headline, and so on. SO for now, I'm happy to put up with reduced sets to see them all at once, and I'm curious to see how the second stage shapes up. With any luck this tour will get Nevermore a lot of fans among the DT/MD/FF/DEP crowd that might not have heard of them before, and then with that extra exposure, they'll be able to do their own headline tour for This Godless Endevour. Just have to try and be patient. I feel the same way for Opeth on that shitty SotU tour, I want to see them headline again, damnit. But I'm going, just to see Opeth, and I'll wait for a headline tour as patiently as I can. Just gotta do the same for Nevermore, though overall I think this tour will be much better.

Hey man, I think petrucci is one of the most over rated guitar players ever. DT is over rated, and I like 3 of their tunes. Loomis eats petruccis for breakfast, so get things straight. I am a fan of the Metal though, Megadeth is one my fav bands man. I love the new record. I just hope they play more killing is my buis stuff other than Mechanix b/c frankly, the 4 hoursemen is better and Skull beneath skin or rattlehead crushes far more than mechanix.

This is a great bill..I hate it when there are 5 bands on a bill that sound exactly alike...to me THAT'S LAME. I love how people limit themselves to one type of metal when there is so many good genres out there. Diversity is what it's all about. Remember the tour with Anthrax, Primus, and Public Enemy? Talk about freakishly strange bill..but they all pulled it off! Dream Theater is an incredible band..people who claim they are boring need to listen to more than just three songs by them, Megadeth is GREAT live, Fear Factory OWN live, and Dillinger is an incredibly talented and different band. This should just plain KICK ASSSSSS!!!! And then there's NEVERMORE!!!!!! I LOVE THEM...and they are AWESOME live!! I'd go see them any time they came through!:headbang:

I'm not incredibly angry. Just...meh. Megadeth was good live despite their crappy setlist, and just getting to see Nevermore is good. But I am so incredibly unimpressed by the rest of the bill...fucking Dream Theater is the most boring live band in the history of history. Maybe there'll be some other good bands on the second stage.

Still, 35 bucks for Megadeth & Nevermore is a pretty good deal. But...meh. I can already see the swarms of trendy art-fag emocore Dillinger fans lining up. Not that I'm saying anyone who likes Dillinger is such, just that there are a lot of shitty pretentious emo kiddies who like DEP and think they're really badass and cutting-edge for doing so. And I hate going to shows with people like that.

But, like I said, get some good second-stage bands. And honestly, after hearing about the Priest/QR tour I'm way too enthused to be too disappointed. QUEEN OF THE REICH MOTHERFUCKERS!

Pyrus said:
I can already see the swarms of trendy art-fag emocore Dillinger fans lining up. Not that I'm saying anyone who likes Dillinger is such, just that there are a lot of shitty pretentious emo kiddies who like DEP and think they're really badass and cutting-edge for doing so. And I hate going to shows with people like that.

I love Dillinger for the unpredictable nature the music brings. That and most bands can't pull off half the shit they do. Not with the intensity anyways.

I'm pretty excited about this tour. Dream Theater and Nevermore are my two favorite bands. I'm pretty much only upset about DEP. If I want noise I'll throw my guitar down the stairs...

According to Blabbermouth (who's quoting the megadeth forum) Nevermore is playing a 30-minute set at Gargantuan-Huge-Monstrous-Gigantour. :(

I'd rather see them swallow up DEP's 30 minutes and play after Fear Factory.

Oh well, I'll probably go anyway. WTF?

I just read that too...... bah! 30 minutes?!

and any other time I've seen 30 minute sets, they end up being 20+ minute sets, due to usual setup delays and all that