Gigantour Setlist Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Accolade (I) and, of course, Accolade II, I wish there was time for The Odyssey, they deserve a lot more than 30 min. I already have a ticket to the Irvine show! I'm looking forward to a headlining tour.

Well.....

1) What one song sealed the deal for me and made me a SX fanatic?

-That would be "The Edge Of Forever"(which was the clincher; "A Winter's Dream"[Pts 1+2] however SHOWED that they were far, above, and beyond MY BAND!) :)

2) What 2 SX songs are the essentials???

-They would be "Wicked"(which is positively KILLER live!) and the first "The Accolade"(which is just simply a magical addition to any setlist where they all really shine and is something they should NEVER leave out!)

I've said my piece.

Cheers,

Prismatic :)

P.S. "Pharaoh" does fucking ROCK something fierce! :headbang:

1. Pretty much the entire album of V made me a true Sym. X fan, but it wouldnt be like that if it werent for the Keyboard solo in A Fool's Paradise and the entire Rediscovery.

2. What would be 2 amazing songs live:
Egypt (a MUST)
Masquerade or Sonata/ Dragons Den (Both in one piece)

1) What one song is it that sealed the deal & made you a SymX fan?

Through the Looking Glass

2) What one or two songs are 'must haves' on a setlist? Please bear in mind that we're not asking for full setlists here, so please keep your responses to just one or two songs (please do NOT post full setlists)..and remember, it's a 30 minute set, so there won't be time for the epics like TDWoT or The Odyssey.

Egypt and The Relic

MJR called today asking what the results of the setlist survey were..I read some of them to him, & am going to shut down the survey early (tonight) so I can get the results all tallied up for him. Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who sent in a response; Mike was actually surprised by some of them & will be working some of the results into the Gigantour setlist (and likely also into the setlist when they head out to tour for the new cd). If you haven't replied but want to put in your two cents worth, please do so by midnight Eastern US time tonight (approx 4.5 hours from the posting of this).. after that point this thread will be closed & unstuck.

Thanks!

Hmmm

1) Awakenings -that song made me buy the Symp X albums

2) the set list is hard, you want songs that appeal to new fans, and will plx the oldies... So why not play something like...
-Accolade & Accolade II
-Inferno - Edge of Forever
-Awakenings & king Of terrors
I say the band should play 1 of their all time favorites, one of our altime favorites, and maybe a preview of the new album ;) lol i'm dreaming in techno colour though!

JUST PLZ PLZ PLAY AWAKENINGS :)

(Note: Which reminds me, any song's would kick ass, for the new fans and the oldies. But In my mind, if you're trying to cath the attention of a new crowd, play like 3 differ types of song... For example, we have our fast our slow, and our heavy, our more symphonettic songs... So play something that wil appeal to everyone, Awakenings/Candlelight Fantasia, Inferno/King of Terrors, Through The Looking Glass/Edge of Forever, Smoke and Mirrors/Out of the ashes...)

Status
Not open for further replies.