Green Carnation split up..

Hobo

Señor Member
Apr 8, 2002
Kata-land
www.stormrider.se
I know at least a few of you, like me, consider this band to be amazing, so..
well.. here´s the news.

from greencarnation.no
"Tchort announce that the current line up of Green Carnation has split up.

Although releasing the amazing concert DVD A night under the Dam earlier this year, the band felt drained of energy after the miserable organized USA tour put together by The End Records and their booking agent. The End Records being one of the main supporters of the band the last years, bringing hope back to Green Carnation's view on the music business, left the band with broken promises, huge debts, theft of license money and a poor organized tour draining the band for energy."

To me, this is almost as sad as if Katatonia would split up...
and although Tschort will continue under the GC flag, i dont think it will be as good without Kjetil and Stein Roger...
sad.
just sad.

Wow, this is horrible news. I saw Green Carnation during their US tour and although they sounded great, only 20-30 people were there. It's pretty obvious that the tour had very little marketing behind it. This really disappoints me, they're such a great band.

Music and music-business is a big antipode.
It can kill all creativity when you don't know how to pay your bills because a label made false promises or was planning wrong.
:/

Strangely last night I had an extremely disturbing dream that Katatonia had split up. The story behind the split was so funny, but strange that I spent 5 minutes this morning wondering was it true or not.

PS...Yes I am very drunk.

Goddamn! This blows big time. Awesome, incredible band.

Shame on TheEndRecords...I've heard so much bad stuff lately.

I wonder though if Kjetli will then return to Trail of Tears? That would be at least some good news.

Oh fuck that.

I love their music. I was really excited to hear a follow up to TAV. Light of Day, Day of Darkness is up there with my favorite albums of all time. This is terrible news. Kjetil has an awesome voice, he should return to Trail of Tears indeed.

ARGH! That's quite depressing. All of that brilliant music.... It's a damned shame!

Fuck, this really sucks indeed, I seriously regret I have never seen them live...

I've heard several bad stories about The End Records business wise, seems their economical situation is quite poor and I know GC are not the only victims..

What have you heard about The End Records?
They have had some excellent releases over the last couple of years.

Yeah right...it seems like lately for every good album they release it seems like they release two that are total shit. Tubring, Giant Squid, Stolen Babies, Lordi, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Thine Eyes Bleed - all total crap bands. Tubring is a damn emo band for christ's sake! They used to have a pretty impressive roster where just about every band on it was amazing. Unfortunately not anymore. They still have some good bands, like Virgin Black, Agalloch, Winds, Novembers Doom, etc. But their roster is nowhere near the high level of great bands it used to have.

i love GC and fall of the leafe. i was sad to hear about both bands breaking up. i was fortunate enough to see GC on the US tour and drank many beers with kjetil and the boys. they put on a great show and were the nicest dudes you could meet. RIP to one of my all time favorite bands. :(

argh! :erk:

Damnit.

But do I get it right that they made this important decision because their label fucked them up and they lost all energy and faith in going on? How bad must it be then :/ I mean usually you maybe take a break but not split up completely...

In a statement issued earlier today, The End Records said, "[We] got [GREEN CARNATION] a van for the tour (drove it 2,500 miles from Salt Lake City to New York), hired a tour manager, rented a backline, pressed them merch for the tour and paid to have their gear flown in from Norway and back — plus gave them cash throughout the tour. The band kept all the money from their shows and merch sales. The End also helped the band get a tour grant from the Norwegian government which covered all their flights and a lot more. Also the licensing fee was paid to him [GREEN CARNATION leader Tchort] five months before the tour ever happened. [We] don't understand why he made such an announcement especially a year and a half after the tour."