I don't think Green Carnation is going to be around much

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
"Tchort announce that the current line up of Green Carnation has split up.

Although releasing the amazing concert DVD A night under the Dam earlier this year, the band felt drained of energy after the miserable organized USA tour put together by The End Records and their booking agent. The End Records being one of the main supporters of the band the last years, bringing hope back to Green Carnation's view on the music business, left the band with broken promises, huge debts, theft of license money and a poor organized tour draining the band for energy."

------------------
Fuck! I'm kicking myself for missing their gig at Zen Sushi last year. :mad:

the two first albums were decent. maybe tchort will instead concentrate on blood red throne full time so theyll actually release some halfway decent death metal for once.

Hmm. It appears as if he is still going to make music for Green Carnation. Though he's done with touring. Still, it pisses me off that I missed them last go a round.

What kind of shoddy operation is Andreas running?!?!?

apparently trying to save money because he releases crappy music and NY is more expensive than he thought.

perhaps he's trying to bring Lordi to the US. oh happy day!

He already did that...

Anyway, this news is a total kick in the ass to me... the SLC show I was gonna go to was 21+ in a really shitty venue that I couldn't get into, even with band help, then the Boise gig I was gonna catch ended up getting canceled.

So yeah, thats that.

I'm hoping that this isn't a sign of The End's imminent bankruptcy, some of their bands have toured extensively without getting strained, but they definitely need to scale back their relentless expansion a bit...as for GC, they were better when they were essentially a solo project/byproduct of In The Woods anyway (I did like Blessing In Disguise though), so no huge loss.

apparently trying to save money because he releases crappy music and NY is more expensive than he thought.

perhaps he's trying to bring Lordi to the US. oh happy day!

that's all I ever see on TER myspace blog and their message board is "Lordi this" and "Lordi that"...fuck lordi

Lordi is the kind of band that gives metal a bad name. Fuck The End for signing that cashgrab garbage.

The End blew their wad for Lordi. Then they spend more attention signing/promoting shit like Stolen Babies & Sleepytime Gorilla Museum.

I mean really, just WTF. I was talking to some dude the other day and he noticed my metal shirt I was wearing

"Oh are they metal? My ex girlfriend used to be in Stolen Babies, they were were pretty heavy"

FUCK YOU, GTFO OF MY FACE

"Fuck! I'm kicking myself for missing their gig at Zen Sushi last year. :mad:

I'm glad that I was able to catch them last year. Drove to Milwaukee and saw them with Novembers Doom opening. I think there were a whole 60 people at the show. One of the better turnouts up to that point of the tour, I heard. I had friends that saw them 2 nights later in Des Moines. They said there were like 10-15 people watching them.