Green Carnation split up..

argh! :erk:

Damnit.

But do I get it right that they made this important decision because their label fucked them up and they lost all energy and faith in going on? How bad must it be then :/ I mean usually you maybe take a break but not split up completely...

The End didn't fuck them over. After reading both statements its obvious the blame can be spread to both sides. In my opinion, Green Carnation should've been a supporting act on a tour instead of headlining during their first US tour. Let's face it, Green Carnation's exposure in the US was minimal at best so the small turnout shouldn't of surprised them.

the dumb thing about that tour when it came through my area was that it was booked too far from the boston area, at a primarily metalcore club out in western MA. i knew so many people who wanted to go see GC but didn't want to drive all the way out to the middle of nowhere to see them. if the show had been in boston and the locals opening weren't metalcore bands, there would have been way more people there.

For my brotha Mad-T! We went thru da hard lyfe butt we aint givin' upp!1

hahaloesm2.jpg

p.s. im kinda high

the dumb thing about that tour when it came through my area was that it was booked too far from the boston area, at a primarily metalcore club out in western MA. i knew so many people who wanted to go see GC but didn't want to drive all the way out to the middle of nowhere to see them. if the show had been in boston and the locals opening weren't metalcore bands, there would have been way more people there.

Agreed! I was at that show, and there were maybe 10 people tops who were really there to see Green Carnation. Fuck... I really wanted to stay, drink, and hang out with Kjetil, Tchort and the band, but I had to drive the 1 hr 45 min back to Boston.

If the show had been better organized, advertised, and booked in Cambridge at the Middle East, they probably would have gotten much better attendance. All my friends ditched me 'cause of the distance and work the next day.

I'm sorry to hear that Green Carnation has broken up because of a shitty tour experience. Although at the time, they seemed excited about the US tour (it was their 2nd or 3rd show I think) and happy to talk to the fans. I got the setlist too :oops: !

This is a shame indeed. (I'm glad that I saw them at Day of the Equinox...and that I saw "Light of Day, Day of Darkness" live.)

It seems the results of the tour weren't the fault of either side exclusively. It's too bad that it ended up that way, though.

Good that Tchort will continue with the music.